Truckies. Whats is it with truckies that indicate to every truck that comes the other way am i missing something here

Page 1 / 2
neville48, Jun 11, 10:21am
whats is it with truckies that indicate to every truck that comes the other way.! Am I missing something here !

andrea_w, Jun 11, 10:24am
It's secret trucker code. don't let them know you're onto them!
Also, bus drivers do it too (usually with a wave)

jmma, Jun 11, 10:29am
Are you serious, do they really do that (o:

tatts2, Jun 11, 10:47am
Bikers have a secret code as well.

yabbies1, Jun 11, 10:50am
yip that's right it's a gidday from a fellow driver.

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 11, 11:06am
It's as stupid a habit as those people that toot their car horn to let the people's house they're leaving know they're leaving, despite the fact those people are actually stood on the roadside watching them go, having already said goodbye.

i-n-horz, Jun 11, 11:26am
With truckers it takes the monotony out of the night time distance driving I guess.no different to saying 'morning' as you walk pass someone on the way to the dairy.

icemans1, Jun 11, 12:57pm
LOL yep you are missing something - single right is gidday to on coming truck, single left flash is it's clear ahead for you to pass me

footplate1, Jun 11, 7:35pm
In some parts of NZ, a truckie often uses the indicator lights to let following traffic it was safe to overtake.In my Wellington/Auckland/Wellington-
commute days, the use of the indicators as greeting signals created potentially dangerous confusion.

klrider, Jun 11, 7:45pm
Unless you ride a Harley, then you are too cool, or emabarrassed, one of those.

modie61, Jun 11, 8:34pm
I think its a gay thing to do.

i-n-horz, Jun 11, 9:02pm
It's a camaraderie type thing that exists with not only humans but also animals where recognition and acknowledgment are used to reinforce the group structure and being.oh! and yes your right modie61 and very observant of you I'm sure gays have a code too.

poppajn, Jun 11, 9:26pm
Road transport industry is discourageing it it, as it,s now reconoized as haveing a dangerours potetentail, ie, false passing manuvers, etc.

tazcsv, Jun 12, 2:28am
It aint because they are to cool.

mustangsally2, Jun 12, 4:12am
Single left flash. seen two near misses recently when a driver has taken the single left flash as it's all good to pass on the road between New Plymouth and Te Kuiti.it would be better for all concerned if the Truckies stuck to the speed limit down this way.

samthepalmyman, Jun 12, 5:24am
what speed limit do you want trucks to stick to!

snork28, Jun 12, 5:52am
what would you like us to do,stop and pee on each others wheels.

red97, Jun 12, 6:30am
men bumming used to be considered gay, now if someone flashing an indicator to say hi is gay.! i guess you could call that progress

offrd1, Jun 12, 6:30am
It is very dangerous to indicate to tell people to pass.prohibited in Fonterra [ BUT indicating that you are PULLING OVER to the left to let you pass is ok ] Just about all driver trainers prohibit indicating for people to pass.a lot ofaccidents happen when truckies indicate turning right.ALSO if you indicate for someone to pass and for some reason they get hit buy on coming traffic you can be liable [ the passer passing to slow prime example ]

offrd1, Jun 12, 6:34am
you probably rite[ embarrassed ] especially if they are like you on the road.lol.

taipan4, Jun 12, 6:45am
ha ha so do truckies have an "alfa" type leader in their midst LOL

taipan4, Jun 12, 6:47am
Haha and sniff each others "exhaust pipes" lol

taipan4, Jun 12, 6:51am
oh let me reprogramme my brain so I stop this silly practice probably upsets the neighbours as well Perhaps us country people will get an exemption as no neighbours to upset,
at the end of the day wtf cares a damn anyway

xs1100, Jun 12, 8:49am
yep hated those days we used to have with personal responsibility much prefer todays attitude of "its someone elses fault"

mustangsally2, Jun 12, 8:49am
90 wouldnt be too bad, but obviously tooooooooooslow for some of them