Mitsi outlander

afer_daily, Jun 11, 12:30am
2007130 ks exlease/seller is asking around 16000 for it . any body got any thoughts on it .

phillip.weston, Jun 11, 12:44am
5 years old with over 25,000kms per year travelled. Is it a private sale! I feel $16k is a little on the high side for a private sale.

phillip.weston, Jun 11, 12:45am
also it really depends on the model exactly - if it's the 2WD 2.4 5-seater ES then it's a little expensive, if it's the 4WD 3.0 V6 7-seater VR-X then it's a bargain.

rovercitroen, Jun 11, 1:54am
We bought a 2006 NZ new Outlander 2.4 XLS about 18 months ago. It is an OK vehicle but the engine seems to be a bit boomy when accelerating at certain speeds and after having the car for a while we are not fussed on the CVT really. We may swap it for a V6 Outlander which probably won't use much more fuel - I think our 2.4 is quite thirsty. Or maybe try a RAV4 or a Honda CRV next time. quite alot of road noise with the Outlander too, despite supposedly quiet tyres on it. it is VERY handy for transporting stuff though and we like the look of the Outlander.

rovercitroen, Jun 11, 1:57am
Hi phillip.weston. Do you know if its possible / feasible to advance the ignition timing a bit on the 2.4 Outlander and take advantage of 95 octane fuel for better performance. It seems to be set up for 91 and running 95 makes no difference to power or economy. I have had engines in the past which have responded really well to 2 or 3 degrees more ignition advance.

monaro17, Jun 11, 2:25am
Wouldn't touch a second hand mitsi, 9 times out of ten they burn oil and therefore blow blue smoke. If it doesn't do it now it WILL do it in the future its inevitable

rovercitroen, Jun 11, 2:58am
What a sweeping generalisation! LOL.

phillip.weston, Jun 11, 3:06am
That may have been true 20 years ago but not the case now. The 4B12 in the Outlander is a completely different engine than the older 4G63/4G64s which were prone to blue smoke. The same series of engines are used in Hyundais, Chryslers (and now Fiats too) with no smoke whatsoever.

phillip.weston, Jun 11, 3:07am
and sorry Scott wouldn't know how to adjust the ignition timing - it will have statically positioned cam/crank sensors and ignition advance would all be done by the ECU. You could perhaps get it reprogrammed but I would say the cost involved wouldn't be worth it. Have you tried resetting the ECU by leaving the battery off overnight!

monaro17, Jun 11, 3:10am
true, it is less apparent now days but still does happen. My sister bought a 2007 pajero brand new and when it hit around 30,000kms started blowing blue

trdbzr, Jun 11, 3:15am
Have you considered a Peugeot 4007! Its pretty much a Outlander with a Peugeot diesel engine.

gman35, Jun 11, 3:59am
Someone always has to mention a Diesel ! yes I know they are (sort of) "better" these days , torquey and "easy driving" , but for the road swallow the $$ and go with a nice smooth v6 !

edangus, Jun 11, 4:47am
The V6 is what I had and would again. Bit too much road noise, but more economical and fun to drive than me Nitro.

rovercitroen, Jun 11, 5:00am
Yes, I must try a 4007 diesel.

msigg, Jun 11, 5:41am
The outlander was one of the biggest selling suv type car here a couple of years back.they look great and go good, No problems with the motors , they give out ten/15 year warranty's now.

n3d4sp3d, Jun 11, 6:21am
if you want to reset ECU disconnecting battery over night won't do it they have to be initialized with mitsi's scan tool mut 3

phillip.weston, Jun 11, 6:30am
Yeah the Pajero still runs the old 6G75 engine, the design dates back to 1986 and they were one of the worst along with the 4G63 to give blue smoke due to valve stem seals leaking and oil control rings not doing their job properly.

vtecintegra, Jun 11, 6:32am
You may want to rethink that.

I guess the V6 would probably be okay on the open road, but as soon as you hit urban stuff they're horrible.

rovercitroen, Jun 11, 6:45am
Which was the only reason we bought the 2.4 as it spends quite a bit of its life in urban conditions.

edangus, Jun 11, 7:48am
Did not find too bad. Beats mashing your foot to the floor. Always drove in 4WD though, tumeke skiddys in FWD