Mag wheel touching Strut?

dasfi, Jun 10, 5:27am
Just put some 17" wheels on a p10 primera, Wheel seems to be slightly touching strut on the rear, not much but making a noise, Possible a wheel allignment mite fix this but adjusting the camber slightly so it dosent touch! Iv had the same wheels on another p10 primera and never had an issue, Cheers

net_oz, Jun 10, 5:29am
Don't worry about it as something will soon wear through and the noise will dissappear.

kazbanz, Jun 10, 5:30am
I bet the suspenders are more worn on this car

carlz05, Jun 10, 5:40am
Did you buy them new, the offset is wrong for your car!.If so take them back.If you bought 2nd hand, you may be able to make or buy some spacers that you can put on the rear hubs then put the mags back on to move them out a little.

johnf_456, Jun 10, 5:52am
The wheels are not compitiable, get another set. Which is why you do your homework before hand

dasfi, Jun 10, 6:18am
Well iv had them on 2 primeras before this one so why the prob this time!

dasfi, Jun 10, 6:19am
its not like its touching by a huge amount its only minimal

kazbanz, Jun 10, 6:30am
as I said--worn out suspenders or fatter struts

NZTools, Jun 10, 6:48am
Worn outsuspenders won't make the wheels touch the strut as the spring and telescopic part is above the wheel and tyre. It does not matter how. Much you compress the spring, the bottom of the strut won't get any closer to the wheel. Have the camber angles checked. I'm picking a bit much negative camber

johnf_456, Jun 10, 11:56am
What offset are the wheels!

modie61, Jun 10, 8:46pm
There is a difference between P10s,they will touch on the model with drum rear and not touch on rear disc model.

hopie, Jun 10, 10:39pm
it is touching at where the spring sits correct! take of the wheel, get your hammer, beat the crap out of it, wack some black paint on there and re fit wheel. I have had 4-5 primera's now and did that to all bar one, which had BC adjusty's in it.

phillip.weston, Jun 11, 12:12am
hey dasfi off topic but did you end up selling your GTi-16V!

mrfxit, Jun 11, 3:27am
LOL GOOD GRIEF PPL.
If it's touching the strut then it's CLEARLY 1 of 4 main problems.
#1: Rim too deep
#2: Loose wheel bearings making the wheel 'tilt" inwards
#3: Rim too tall for that strut design
#4: Bent strut

lookoutas, Jun 11, 5:29am
You could cheat by fitting 6mm spacers - and not telling anyone.

dasfi, Jun 11, 7:05am
Hiyea fixed the problem i put the origionals back on, yes i did a few weeks ago, hope someone looks after it,