Dirt Bike Insurance

zephyrheaven, Jul 12, 8:13am
Got me a 250cc Yamaha to relive my youth - everything with State, bike has a VIN but not road registered obviously - wonder what other people have come up against!
To be fair I havent picked up the phone yet - will do that tomorrow but interested to hear what issues have arisen - obviously these things are hot items for the crims these days.

bigfatmat1, Jul 12, 8:22am
I got told by ami my cr had to have a ignition switch this was a call centre. I informed them this was not an option.
I left it uninsured for a while Then went into amigot a person into dirt bikes done $5 a month on top of my premiums and is insured while on a trailer and riding it as well

NZTools, Jul 12, 10:07am
Is a 250 big enough to haul your arse around! :P

joe-996, Jul 12, 10:29am
two stroke i hope!

sw20, Jul 12, 2:03pm
This ^ !

zephyrheaven, Jul 12, 7:01pm
Hell no, never going down that road again

tim41, Jul 12, 7:11pm
insure it as a farm bike

kazbanz, Jul 12, 8:36pm
Zeph --for my racebikes,trailbikes,They are insured right up untill the wheels are actually on the racetrack/trail. ie theft and accident damage whilst in transit/storage not whilst in use.

kazbanz, Jul 12, 8:39pm
Hey mat.-Not being a smart buggger here but you might wanna check on the specifics of that one.-Ie WHERE you are insured whilst riding or if indeed you are covered whilst riding.
Im happy to be proven wrong but a few trackdayers got caught out thinking that with ami

sw20, Jul 13, 6:52am
2 stroke sound the best zeph. You know its true.

zephyrheaven, Jul 13, 6:58am
no way, 4 stroke guts is way to go - I dont want to do backflips & thats all they are good for 8)

bigfatmat1, Jul 13, 7:29am
and for getting up fire breaks where the 4 cant, going faster than a 4,

bigfatmat1, Jul 13, 7:31am
Does not matter now I sold it two weeks ago. Ill check it when I buy another bike in a few weeks