Car Alarm. My brother has had a fusion car alarm in his car since he has had it 2 years and now for some reason everytime he goe

karl256, Jul 5, 8:07pm
My brother has had a Fusion Car Alarm in his car since he has had it (2 years), and now for some reason everytime he goes to start it the car, the alarm goes off, he has put new battries in his remote and spare remote and it has made no difference, and has disconnected the car battrey and connected it back up again

Any Ideas how to fix it, as he cant exactly use it till it gets fixed, or cant take it anywhere to get it fixed

louweez1, Jul 5, 9:25pm
have you checked the battery in the alarm and reset that!

kazbanz, Jul 6, 12:32am
kill the alarm -problem solved

karl256, Jul 6, 5:58am
I will find out

curlcrown, Jul 6, 6:03am
Most after market alarms have a key to manualy over ride the alarm. There maybe somewhere in the engine bay where it can be turned off.

aredwood, Jul 6, 9:22pm
Does the siren only go off while the starter motor is cranking the engine! If so then he needs a new battery. The starter motor is pulling down the battery voltage too much and the battery backup siren thinks that its wires have been cut.

karl256, Jul 10, 6:35am
The alarm apparently goes off, just by turning the key, so all the dash lights go on. And doesnt lock or unlock the doors now. He put a new starter motor in it just before it packed up, so not sure if having the battery disconnected has caused it

mingle417, Jul 25, 11:10pm
all sorted now, alarm was screwed