Handling of late model toyota rav4

tidewathcher, Jul 9, 5:00am
We are thinking or buying a 2010-2012 rav4 going for test drive next week but have been told today that they don't handle that well in changing from one lock to another E.G. going around alargeround about. any one out that has hed issues with this!

taipan4, Jul 9, 5:07am
have also heard the gas mileage is not flash either

pico42, Jul 9, 5:10am
I read on here the other day the description "like porridge in a balloon" for the handling of a RAV 4.

What is it that attracts you to the RAV 4!

tidewathcher, Jul 9, 5:12am
We once had an earlier model and liked the toyota

msigg, Jul 9, 5:23am
Take it for a drive, you will love it. They handle good. these people who say they don't must think they are on a race track. Most are wanna bees. We own cars SUV and large 4x4 and have never had any problems handling.

tidewathcher, Jul 9, 5:31am
msigg are one of your4x4 a toyota!

mugenb20b, Jul 9, 5:34am
That applies to early models.

tidewathcher, Jul 9, 5:46am
Thank you all for your imput, it makes us feel a little better as it is a lot of money for us.

kazbanz, Jul 9, 5:53am
I get to drive a lot of different types and makes of car. For a 4x4 the RAV4 handling is fantastic on the road. The later model ones definitely took cues from honda so they are on a wider wheelbase.
AT NEW ZEALANDS SPEED LIMIT. I think the average driver would be hard pressed to find their limits.
That said --compared to any decent sedan of the same era they are a bit wallowy if pushed in the corners.

msigg, Jul 9, 5:53am
nah, nissan and honda. You do have to remember that they are higher off the ground than cars, thats why alot of people like them, my wife loves her CRV (had 5 years) , but i like the bigger 4x4. When going in a traffic jam(motorway) from the higher vehicles down to the daughters pulsar, i find itscary with big trucks beside you,looking up at them. all the best.