Sending a Transmission?

dinosaw88, Jul 3, 4:18am
Hey, how do I get a quote to ship a transmission from Christchurch to Auckland!

dinosaw88, Jul 3, 4:34am
Its too heavy for everyone I've rang.

kehua, Jul 3, 4:36am
Mainfreight should be able to do it. Needs to be on a pellet I'd day.

andrea_w, Jul 3, 4:38am
It will need to go on a pallet. Give Mainfreight, Bullet, PBT etc a call for quotes

edit - the fluid will need to be drained before it goes on the truck too

dinosaw88, Jul 3, 4:52am
Thanks for that, I got a quote from Mainfreight. Where will I find a pallet! Get one from supermarket from the bananas or similar!

savanna71, Jul 3, 5:37am
Get a quote from Mainstream as apposed to Mainfreight, they are cheaper, there staff wont steal from you like mainfreight and they will deliver door to door rather then depot to depot for cash sales

trader_84, Jul 3, 10:19am
There's heaps of pallets around. Just about every business has them and most of them (except the blue Chep ones and there'd be a few others) are rubbish and an inconvenience to have for the business. A quick scan down any industrial street will see them sitting outside entrance ways and skip bins. Just go in and ask if you can have one. A trans will fit on a pallet that is sawn in half. If you use a full one - the transport company will charge you the area/volume of the full pallet. Chop one down and save. You need to secure the trans to the pallet because most forklift drivers drive like F1 jockeys. Factor in $10 for cheap arse tie downs (dual pack) from Bunnings or similar. Plastic wrap is good also but you'll need a tie of some sort. If there is removable things like dipsticks and the like, then remove, plug the holes with a small rag and secure the item against the transmission. You'd be suprised what they will try to stick on top of your trans then deny all knowledge of the crack in the housing brought on by something bearing down on the dipstick tube. Its imperative you have no portion of the trans sticking out of the profile of the pallet or chances are it will get hooked up and/or hit.

flashgordon_nz, Jul 3, 10:22am
bad experience with mainfreight! tell us what happened!

Mainfreight do door to door pick-ups and deliveries, payment by cheque or cash or credit card.

louweez1, Jul 3, 11:22am
really!
we get them sent to hamilton from all over nz for anything from 25 up.