Tyres. Has anyone had a set of goodride tyres on a xr6 falconif so what are they like compared to dunlop sp300039s from factoryh

wolf27, Jun 23, 3:58am
has anyone had a set of goodride tyres on a xr6 falcon!if so what are they like compared to dunlop sp3000's from factory!help much appreciated.i have a 05'xr6 turbo.

unbeatabull, Jun 23, 4:05am
SP3000's have a bit more grip but tend to wear a bit faster. Best wear I've seen personally on a BA onwards falcon was on GT Radials, driver was getting over 80,000k on them and they had plenty of grip. Not sure if he was nanna'ing it or not though, but thats still quite a good amount of k's!

mjbee., Jun 23, 5:53am
gt radials are shocking for splitting the sidewalls

kdiddy20, Jun 30, 2:13am
Goodride are budget tyres.I wouldnt go with them on your vehicle.The reason why the Dunlops are factory fittment is because it can handle the weight and speed of your vehicle.

unbeatabull, Jun 30, 2:14am
Really! We fit a lot of GT Rad's to customer cars and haven't had a single one come back yet with split sidewalls.

gunhand, Jun 30, 2:36am
Well you know how it goes, ya see one split tyre that means they all do it and if one car has a fault they all do.

michael555, Jun 30, 2:43am
When I brought my BF Falcon 6 mths ago the previous owner had Goodride tyres on the car and I thought they were crap so I took them off for Bridgestone. Car feels better but the road noise is still just as bad

twink19, Jun 30, 7:23am
only when you put rubber band type tyres on and hit curbs and pot holes. other wise fine

rovercitroen, Jun 30, 7:27am
The GT Radials on our previously owned Maxima split the walls when about half worn. 2 out of the 4 had split on the inner wall. Was picked up at a WoF.

thunderbolt, Jun 30, 7:39am
I would guess it was due to under inflation!

Not heard of this being an issue with GT radials.

rovercitroen, Jun 30, 8:36am
Never underinflated. The ones that split were on the front and always run at 34 - 36 psi as advised by the tyre shop and Nissan dealer.