2006 Ford V8 "ETC" LIGHT FLASHING

jash3, Jun 28, 6:51am
Does anyone know what that warning light is for please!

unbeatabull, Jun 28, 6:57am
Have seen the light come on before due to a lot of carbon buildup in the Throttle body, otherwise I'd be checking all plugs etc on Throttle body and whip the intake pipe off and check the butterfly opens and closes smoothly. If you have the tools, I'd also check the TPS sensor.

jash3, Jun 28, 7:12am
Just had a full service its been to the sparkys to have the computer checked no fault codes came up it seems to be intermitted.

unbeatabull, Jun 28, 7:23am
Most likely TPS has a dirty spot on it, or the Throttle body needs a good clean.

jash3, Jun 28, 7:30am
TPS!

jasongroves, Jun 28, 7:32am
Throttle position sensor

jash3, Jun 28, 7:39am
Thanks guys i will put this to the sparky again as its been there twice already and still the same so i will try again or should i take it to the garage instead!

carclan, Jun 28, 8:51am
Send it to Ford like I do, best one to deal with it.

nave12, Jun 28, 9:33am
Found this thread on another forum but may be useful to you.

========== ORIGINAL POSTING ==========
"FORD FALCON XR6 BA 2003: THROTTLE LIGHT AND MASSIVE ENGINE SHUDDERS - Bought my BA Falcon XR6 (with all optional extras) second hand. Fantastic car to drive, until one day, at approx 80,000k's I take off in the morning and some little light on the dash on the right hand side that looks like an engine is on . More importantly, my attention was drawn to that because I had lost all acceleration and my engine felt like it was about to take off. Massive body and engine shudders . felt like the whole engine was dragging on the ground.

So I pull over quickly, turn the engine off and pop the bonnet. Can't see anything wrong. Start the engine, take off no problem. It's now approx 95,000k's. This morning, SAME THING!

I had a look in the manual and apparently that light is the throttle light, indicating that the throttle system is not working (dah).

Any ideas! JD"
POSTED BY: J DESPINIDIC - LEICHHARDT, NSW - AUS 20 MAR 2007

========== REPLY ==========
Your vehicle has an intermittent electrical failure in the engine management system. Specifically because the throttle is controlled by an electric motor it will go into a limp or guard mode to minimise the chance of over acceleration (limits throttle opening) this resets on restart. Possible throttle position switch failure. You will need to take it to a Dealer for a diagnostic tool to be used such as WDS or PDS for a more precise answer.
POSTED BY: L DAVIS - BOMADERRY, NSW - AUS 23 MAR 2007

========== REPLY ==========
The problem is the Throttle Position Switch. Just had mine replaced .be careful though cause when they replace it the screws shear off and the Throttle body needs replacing as well. $600 for the Throttle Body. About $160 for the switch.
POSTED BY: LEGEND - NEWCASTLE, NSW - AUS 30 MAR 2007