Hot hatch ideas please!

Page 2 / 2
robbo36, Jul 15, 1:02am
BTW, we are in no big hurry at this stage, just looking around.

Is yours an import or nz new model! Are you able to post some pics on here please! You being down in Te Anau is not too much of a biggie, as I could just fly into Queenstown.

trogedon, Jul 15, 1:06am
Want.

serf407, Jul 15, 1:20am
Subaru wrx sti (manual) with a dog box (gearbox and on the back) and a gps logger so you can check hubby has not been mistreating your toy.
I would not restrict a choice to just hatchbacks, or do you have the restricted parking spaces in your area too.

shauns, Jul 15, 1:47am
Hi Rob. Ours is an import. All the same details as the link I posted above. Will clean her up and take some photos in the near future (not today, too yucky outside!) and post in this thread, so keep an eye out. Maybe add me as a fav seller then you will know when we do list it too!
Serf: dog box! No no no! My 2 dogs are my babies theres no way I could do that to them haha! A friend has a new STI though. Would love one if It was in my price range! Parking is no issue, I just find it very convenient owning a hatch with the dogs, groceries, transporting bigger things. We have previously had a 05 b4 legacy rsk and I def prefer the smaller car.

sw20, Jul 15, 2:55am
The R32 is not a fast car. Neither is the Blade Master G.

Hence why I said pick the Mazda 3 MPS.

gedo1, Jul 15, 8:29pm
I actually agree with you altho have never driven the Mazda as such. Overseas (ie. Europe and USA) the hot Mazda is the Mazdaspeed 3 - same car!
Cheers

kcc55a, Jul 15, 9:14pm
shauns wrote:
The reason for wanting to change from an auto, is I'm worried im turning into a bit of a lazy driver and getting a few bad habits. quote]

Weird reasoning. many of us jump from manual to autos daily, never considered that driving an auto would give me more bad habits than I already have.

fiatracer, Jul 15, 9:15pm
I'd be looking at BMW 1 series. Lots of people think they're ugly, but I actually think they look better than any Mazda 3, focus, etc. The 123d [diesel] is quick, as are the 6 cylinder cars.

smac, Jul 15, 9:24pm
No way you're gonna fit two dogs in the back. I've driven a 120i a fair bit. It's a great drive (ride maybe a little harsh), but the interior is tiny (both back seat and boot).

fiatracer, Jul 15, 9:32pm
fold one or both rear seats down! [assuming rear passenger/s not present]

richardmayes, Jul 15, 9:42pm
Unfortunately those cars are a bit of a joke. pretty good for dragging people away from the lights, but sod all else!

Even the big Aurion chassis isn't really man enough to provide a sporting platform for that engine. the "Blade Master G" is a Corolla with a massive V6 engine in the front of it, but it's no hot hatch.

shelleigh, Jul 15, 9:48pm
The rear lights are what put me off getting a Focus although the ones on the latest Focus' are defiinitely an improvement.

I bought a 2012 Fiesta LX hatch and while it is an auto, I'm loving how quick it is and how it handles on windy roads :)
In around 30 years of driving, it's my first auto and I find I'm still just as aware/alert as I am when driving a manual.

pebbles61, Jul 16, 1:53am
Austin Metro!

doctor_evil99, Jul 16, 8:29am
The hairdresser at the shop nearby has a Mazda 3 MPS.His male partner got a Focus XR5, and his male asian hairdresser got a Civic type R

turton, Jul 16, 8:41am
WHOA