Oil down 25% Pump price down 7%

Page 1 / 2
kevymtnz, Jun 24, 11:22am
still need to go down to say $1.92 compare to oil price!
U.S pump prices range from 60c - 75c/L $u.s

slarty45, Jun 24, 11:32am
They not dropping fuel price because customers have figured out the munchies by the counter are over priced, and buy them elsewhere.

sw20, Jun 24, 12:46pm
US pump prices are low because they tax property not fuel.

franc123, Jun 24, 12:58pm
Yeah but do they! Passing motorists gassing up in a strange town generally can't be fagged seeking out the local supermarket and doing a separate purchase unless they've already driven past it or its next door to the petrol station.But you are right, there is far more money to be made out of moro bars, condoms and firewood than petrol. Work out the per litre price and profit margin of bottled water and the poncy coffee and fancy cakes served up at these wild bean cafes for instance. Kaching. As for fuel prices, the oil co's are ALWAYS going to be on the winning side, its as inevitable as death and taxes.

jason18, Jun 24, 8:21pm
1.92 at mobil in frankton

rob_man, Jun 24, 8:44pm
I don't think the tax content changes when oil prices fluctuate, that's the larger portion isn't it!

tgray, Jun 24, 9:08pm
exchange rate heavily influences pump prices as it's paid in US dollars.

esprit, Jun 24, 9:55pm
Spot on. The oil price is only about 50% cost, the rest is taxes. The taxes don't rise and fall with the production cost.

dave653, Jun 24, 10:13pm
Not too long ago, we (the public) were told, 'when oil changes by $1, the pump price changes by 1c'. Goes up to suit.

jason18, Jun 24, 10:14pm
Tax goes up about 2c a litre in august I think

sharchew, Jun 24, 10:18pm
We are being ripped off big time but we still do nothing about it boycot one service station in you town for a week the message will get through.

morrisman1, Jun 24, 10:24pm
boycotting a service station wont work, they dont make the money. The overseas oil companies do and they dont care one iota about NZ. They wouldnt even notice if we disappeared off the map.

How you can seriously think that boycotting a service station will work is beyond me.

socram, Jun 24, 10:28pm
I think you mean the refined fuel cost.The raw unprocessed/crude oil costs the same to process per litre, regardless, so combine processing costs, delivery, taxes and profit margins for both retail and wholesale and that is indeed far more than 50%.

rovercitroen, Jun 24, 10:28pm
Precisely. NZ is a mere pimple on the butt of the world.

singing1, Jun 24, 11:06pm
Pimples can be a real irritation sometimes

sharchew, Jun 24, 11:41pm
Price has just come down another 3 cents

stickman100, Jun 24, 11:44pm
Z Energy. The price cuts keep coming. We've just cut our petrol prices by another three cents per litre, and diesel by two cents per lite. The seventh cut in just over a month.

aragorn2003, Jun 24, 11:47pm
wow 1.99 seems like so long ago

sharchew, Jun 24, 11:58pm
With the AA card it is now $1.90 a litregreat.

richardmayes, Jun 25, 12:03am
the capital cost of the oil refinery stays the same too.

LOVING my wife's 1300cc Laser at the moment.

elect70, Jun 25, 1:32am
Thats because tax is the biggest component of price ., nextis commodity brokerscut.retailer gets about 5 c a ltre

pollymay, Jun 25, 2:08am
Time to dig out the VN SS again and go for a skid, won't need a mortgage to put 80 litres in it

movnon, Jun 25, 8:18am
altough i'm not about to defend the oil co price hijacking, dont forget there are other costs as well as the basic crude prices.Shipping crude to EnZed, refining, transporting to the gas stations, the overheads of running gas stations, fuel tax, GST, & dont forget (for BP at least) the ongoing cost of the gulf oil blowout -their 1c a litre 'surcharge 'has hung on a long time now & wont go away anytime soon!

moosie_21, Jun 25, 8:32am
I don't miss driving to work one bit. Moved closer 2 months ago and walk to work every day, rain or shine. Gives me time to clear my head and is a beautiful walk along the Ahuriri port and lagoon here in Napier. I suggest some of you think along the same lines if you want to stop talking about saving money and ACTUALLY go about saving it!

movnon, Jun 25, 9:58am
Yeah right, does Tui come from Napier! not everyone can shift closer to their workplace, Just imagine dorklanders walking 70 -100 km a day rain or shine! lol