Oil down 25% Pump price down 7%

Page 2 / 2
dave653, Jun 25, 9:11pm
Ha ha , then imagine the whining that goes with it!

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 25, 10:56pm
It's not he larger portion - must be around 40% now, but I haven't looked for a while. But the GST you pay, which you also pay on the levies - tax on a tax - fluxuates as part of the price. So a 7c/L decrease is a decrease of 0.9d/L of GST and 6.1c/L of actual fuel cost.

shane.64, Jun 26, 2:32am
I can't believe I'm the only one that read the BBC news last mouth .That said Obama will play his card and open up the oil reserves which will make oil cheaper and make people believe that the economy is getting better before the elections .And its happening( weird )

morrisman1, Jun 26, 3:23am
wouldn't expensive make people think the economy is getting better, after all the last time oil dropped was when US of A was in a recession

taipan4, Jun 26, 5:05am
channel 7 last night had a programme called "The seven sisters" 7 people originally controlled the worlds oil (last century)& there fore the world economy .says it all really

moosie_21, Jun 26, 6:09am
I have ajob offer for Auckland and might just take it. And guess what! I'll be living very close to my work so I can sell my car! Sure everyone can't move closer, but if you think outside your typical Kiwi mentality of "Ah I'm comfy enough, I won't change/make a fuss/do something about it" then you might actually see some benefits from it.

sw20, Jun 26, 6:24am
Cheaper to take the park n ride than to pay for parking and fuel.

moosie_21, Jun 26, 6:32am
Amen. Some people just can't think outside the box.