Can i still claim insurance

opos, Jun 17, 11:08pm
when the accident happend a few months ago no one else involved i hit a tree at home in the paddock

fiatracer, Jun 17, 11:10pm
yes. possibly. or maybe not. Do you have insurance!

opos, Jun 17, 11:12pm
yep got insurance been with the same crowd over 5 years also its full cover

fiatracer, Jun 17, 11:15pm
do they have a phone number!

opos, Jun 17, 11:21pm
true

patiki1, Jun 18, 12:07am
Just tell them you had the accident yesterday

carclan, Jun 18, 5:54am
If you were pissed they will knock you back, but only if you admit it.

grangies, Jun 18, 6:00am
How bad is the damage!

You should weigh up your options concerning your insurance excess vs the repair costs.

Your premiums may increase too after you have a claim paid out.

If you put a few photos on this message board we may be able to help assess the damage $$$ figure.

saffa2, Jun 18, 6:05am
how bad is the tree!.

moosie_21, Jun 18, 6:09am
Just claim it happened yesterday, easy. If they want photos of the tree and it has started to regrow over the damage, just hit it again with the same panel!

supernova2, Jun 18, 6:34am
Old damage is often obvious as not being new damage.Why lie just be honest.If you get caught out dont think it wont haunt you for the next ten thousand years.Insurance compaqnies love people who try and con them!As far as I know there is no requirement to make an instant claim.

kaymay88, Jun 18, 7:30am
that is an incredibly stupid suggestion - get caught out and they will refuse to pay out - and question your honesty surrounding the cause. they may refuse to continue to insure you.

why have you waited this long! Id be very careful and make sure you use full disclosure - insurance fraud is a very serious matter - I say this only because it seems odd that you wouldnt bother claiming until a few months after the fact

msigg, Jun 18, 9:52am
yes they should still insure you, do your sums first,loss of no claims/excess etc, maybe just fix it yourself.