"toy" engine from super cheap

Page 1 / 2
kazbanz, Jul 16, 5:11am
hey guys a few months back Super cheap were selling a cutaway model of a single cylinder petrol engine. It was a plastic toy about 150mm highbut it showed all the oHC cam gear and valves etc. If anyone spots one could you give me a yell. Its a lot easier explaining an engine with a model to show em

sifty, Jul 16, 5:20am
come on kaz, make one.

biddy6, Jul 16, 5:20am
Hi Kaz, have you tried ringing supercheap, to see if they can get more.

v8_mopar, Jul 16, 5:51am
You can get a clear v8 engine block and heads and coloured internals model from acorn models.

Its so cool and works just like the real thing from a battery electric motor at the back of the crank.

Its about half the size of the real thing

skiff1, Jul 16, 5:53am
i had a little echo srcub cutter motor we milled half the side of the cylinder off. worked great

smac, Jul 16, 5:55am
Ya have seen those in ABC Toys in Hastings - about $100 from memory. Veryeducational (that's the beginning of my spiel.)

kazbanz, Jul 16, 8:48pm
thanks guys --and yes I asked in the two local super cheap stores. I got that "lights on noones home" look

gunsmoke4, Jul 16, 9:54pm
i bet it was a dim light too.

trogedon, Jul 17, 12:13am

smtownsend, Jul 17, 8:03am

trev5, Aug 11, 5:37am
Hey Kaz, Ripco have the Haynes engines in stock at the moment. Under 60 bucks, but selling fast apparently

kazbanz, Aug 11, 5:52am
thanks mon Ill grab one

snj11, Aug 11, 5:53am
yip saw the above in one of the repco stores in christchurch last week

jason_247, Aug 11, 7:56pm
Supercheap has never ever sold them

ive found the "lights on nobody home" look is generally in response to a "how long is a piece of string" question

kazbanz, Aug 11, 11:31pm
sorry to argue mon--but I had the "shop" model in my hands. It was a single cylinder engine toy

gmphil, Aug 12, 12:07am
I saw them too supercheap guy said stop sell cause didnt sell

jason_247, Aug 12, 6:44am
must have been just auckland stores as they never sold them, in taupo or hamilton

dave653, Aug 12, 10:50pm
Yeah, they ordered the wrong bulb!

lookoutas, Oct 9, 4:44am

howie69, Oct 9, 9:44am
Go talk to the manager at the store, they are usually more switched on and can check it out for you.

rpvr, Oct 9, 7:10pm
Normal for Supercheap. I was recently in a Supercheap store looking at the oil filter catalogue when another customer came up to me and asked for help, saying he thought he might have more luck that way as he found the staff useless. He was probably 40ish, and I'm in my 60s. We found the oil filter he was looking for.

rpvr, Nov 20, 8:11am
Just got the Repco Christmas catalogue delivered and I see they have4 cyl andV8 plastic models on sale.

neville48, Nov 20, 8:29am
try supercheap in Levin, no dim-wits there. Very helpful .

donz01, Nov 20, 9:02am
Repco flyer out today also has a Revell visible V8. Over 300 parts for 119bucks. Revell have made great models for years.

rotormotor7, Nov 20, 9:13am