Ford Courier 2.5 turbo.

budgel, Jul 16, 10:06pm
I am going to be looking at one of these tomorrow.

I am aware of the potential radiator issues, is there anything else in particular I should be aware of!

andy61, Jul 16, 10:14pm
Cracked heads and tired gearboxes.Can be good utes otherwise.

steve312, Jul 16, 10:17pm
Noise in the diff and centre driveshaft carrier bearing.

mugenb20b, Jul 17, 12:31am
Gearboxes can get tired with abuse or high mileage. Just make sure it's not notchy when cold. Superb utes though, better than a Hilux imo.

tiffnp, Jul 17, 5:53am
If its been used for towing, 5th gear is likely to be shagged (on a higher milage ute) Check for cracked head, radiators give problems to.

rjgmjs, Jul 17, 6:38am
Had mine for 2 years, never had a problem, had only done 77,000k's when purchased. Keep up the rooting maintenance and hopefully should run for years without probs. Luck of the draw i guess.

rjgmjs, Jul 17, 6:40am
Oops, i mean routine maintenance.

sr2, Jul 17, 6:48am
Freudian slip!

tlronny, Jul 17, 11:08am
Great ute - good power for its year,should get ova 600kms to a tank - best ute ive owned actually and i like Holdens! Gearboxs can be notchy,likes glowplugs a bit but get the right ones first.Check 5th gear and radiator as above - mines done over quarter million kays and still does ova a hundy lol

budgel, Jul 19, 10:55pm
We looked at the vehicle taking note of the isues mentioned.
All good.

The vehicle had a stamped full dealer service history. We took it for a good long test drive getting everything good and hot. It drove well so the deal was done and it was driven home from Auckland to Kaitaia with no problems whatsoever.After about half an hour's running there was a small noise that sounded like a clutch thrust bearing but came without pressure on the clutch pedal, so is possibly something else. Only does it when hot and been running for a while, definitely minor but will take a bit of tracking down.

Thanks for your input!