Peugeot 607 year 2000

Page 1 / 2
kazbanz, Jul 16, 10:35pm
Do those cars actually sell in New zealand! Feels like a tank to drive and it looks at you with a malevolent -"im about to cost you a lot of money" look.

curlcrown, Jul 17, 1:20am
It is the knid of car that you would have to trade for next to nothing. Better to lose a deal than end up owning one of those unless its laughably cheap.

woki, Jul 17, 1:27am
Its the kind of car you retail for $6000 and it costs you $10000 in warranty repairs in the next three months .
Potential to keep you awake at night .
Auction it $1 reserve , no warranties expressed or implied!

thedoth, Jul 17, 3:04am
Anything of French origin costs you heaps in repairs. Peugeot, Renault, Citroen.Buyer beware.

tmenz, Jul 17, 3:17am
Oh dear - wait for it.

richardmayes, Jul 17, 4:02am
I am going to be in the market for a big family V6 some time in the next couple of years, I have to admit these look like lovely cars . especially when you see one parked next to a Maxima or Accord that is asking a similar price.

So I hope this thread goes well and doesn't turn into one of *those* ones.

[I know an old Mechanic whose last few cars have been smaller Peugeots, (405,306) and those looked like sensible straightforward cars that someone reasonably skilled could do most jobs on themselves. Unfortunately the 607 appears to have that same property as Audis, BMWs, Mercs etc in that if you open the bonnet you'll just scratch your head and quickly shut it again. even IF your mechanic manages to get a diagnosis you know there's going to be about a thousand dollars' worth of labour just to get down past all the plumbing to whatever part needs replacing, and their chances of getting it all back together without tripping out or upsetting some other sensor is slim to none.]

chebry, Jul 17, 4:48am
3 weeks waiting time for parts from France can be annoying and the prices can be pretty steepbut great cars to drive when they run.

djrandomguy, Jul 17, 7:16am
these are truly not the best example of the breed, I have owned many Peugeots and currently run a 306 Hdi with no worries at all. The 607 is known to be a costly car to keep around, once the majors are done it will be easy to stay on top with the right mechanic and the 607 is meant to be a very nice car to drive, however the similar year 407 is a better bet, especially in HDi form.

kazbanz, Jul 17, 9:58pm
Welll anyhoo it seems we now own this orrible machine. I swear going down to lock the gates that it was going to bite me on the ankle

andy61, Jul 17, 11:51pm
Quick shoot it down to Turners and get them to sell it with no reserve lol. What was it traded in on!

flack88, Jul 18, 1:42am
They were very expensive Nz new,80k or around about !If its got a service history it would be ok.

kazbanz, Jul 28, 9:20am
A heads up from Mrs Kaz I thought I:d share-first the electric drivers seat has fallen to bitsthen the engine light came on and it dropped two cylinders. -all that within 50 km or trading it.

outbidyou2, Jul 28, 9:23am
Awesome cars

thejazzpianoma, Jul 28, 9:44am
Possibly has the mongrel limited life, non serviceable Jap transmission in it too. Great car for Turners!
(BTW, why do you always seem to be trading the most horrible examples of European motoring! No wonder you don't like anything not Japanese!)

kazbanz, Jul 28, 9:58am
Ive just done a deal to ship all the fiat punto:s and multiplas I can to Fukashuma prefecture. this will solve two broblems -nooone will ever want to steal or ship them and it disposes of the worlds ugllies vehicles.--yea yea Im bored in a frikkin hotel room and Ive sucked back a bottle or two of sake.?????

franc123, Jul 28, 10:24am
I thought you were more on to it than that kaz, every 607 you see actually been driven on the road, as opposed to being towed or transported, is being driven by someone on their way to trade it on something else. They are armed and dangerous (usually with a cellphone and AA card) and shouldn't be approached :) You sure as hell wouldn't attempt to retail one.

kazbanz, Jul 28, 10:35am
HECK NO -its dollar reserve aution time when I finally get home -dang I miss noo zeelund

supernova2, Jul 28, 10:41am
Here we go I'll bid 2 dead cats and a goldfish.

morrisman1, Jul 29, 3:47am
Did the goldfish win!

supernova2, Jul 29, 7:30am
Yip - cats can't swim.As nobody else has bid I guess I own it.Kaz will you deliver at the offered price!

grangies, Jul 29, 8:01am
What are the soiled panties from the Japanese vending machines like!

kazbanz, Jul 29, 9:03am
I dunno about that nor do I know what I would get for 3000y for half an hour.

kazbanz, Aug 2, 11:19pm
well that wasnt too bad--1 coil pack and clip the cover back in to fix it

saxman99, Aug 2, 11:25pm
Just drop it round at my place Kaz, I'll take it off your hands free of charge.

budgel, Aug 3, 12:51am
Hey Kaz, do you ever go tomotorbike auctions in Japan!