Headlight bulb query.100W for high beam only?

Page 2 / 2
pauldw, Jul 18, 8:17pm
Is that the case for the 626! Ambo11 says "High bean basically "brightens" the low beam and maybe a few more metres ahead."

If you already have 4 lights on high beam you can't add more.

headcat, Jul 18, 8:25pm
If you want to improve the performance of your headlamps, you can replace the bulbs with high-efficiency bulbs. However, these replacement bulbs must be of a similar type and wattage as the original bulbs, eg don??

splinter67, Jul 18, 8:39pm
the projector lights go out when high beam is applied

elect70, Jul 19, 2:01am
up their nose with rubber hose.

ambo11, Jul 19, 4:42am
Hi, no, the projector lights (low beam) stay on with high beam, so I have 4 x 55w H1 bulbs going at once. Took the bulbs out today, look brand new still, turned down the high beam on right side as it was much higher when parked against a shed door.hopefully that may help. Went to Supercheap but looking at $100 or so for decent ones.for that money would rather try might try BNT etc in the hope of better quality. Have had nothing but bad luck in the past with Narva lights for trailers in the past so won't touch Narva at all. Will look at Hella etc, be interesting to see what this adjustment does anyway.so I guess the consensus is don't run 100W due to demand on wiring! Don't want to go to spots as will totally ruin the look of the car. .maybe the lights are operating as they should! If so, the Mazda light guy needs a dry open pinecone shoved up his dungfunnel. Cheers for all replies guys.

sgrants, Jul 19, 8:07am
So going by what your telling us you need some relays hooked up ! You won't look back with relays and 100 W bulbs!

cowlover, Jul 19, 11:53am
The projectors are the inner lamps are they not!If they are they should only be on on high beam.Are you sure they are headlamps and not fog lamps!

ambo11, Jul 19, 5:54pm
Hi, no the projectors are the outer low beams, no fog lamps on the car.weird arrangement for headlights. The lenses and innards of the lights are spotless.

pup2, Jul 19, 6:34pm
Sorry, off topic. Do you deal with trailmax! Looking at carrying their range

bigfatmat1, Jul 19, 7:18pm
not directly use alot of there led worklamps because they seem to be good and very cheap

pauldw, Jul 19, 8:12pm
If your complaint is lack of range on high beam maybe you should be lifting the left hand high beam to match the right.

If the trailer lights had festoon style bulbs (cap at each end) I've found that that style bulb often have faulty soldering at the tip of the end cap. You can see a crack in the solder around the filament. Narva bulbs are probably no worse than others, the last Narva H4 that I bought were actually made by Osram.