5 3/4 inch (146mm) ROUND headlight question

roadkillcafe, Jul 18, 6:27am
Any recommendations on a headlight which fits the above description and is very bright/effective and which has a CONVEX lens! (i want to replace the headlight on my old motorcycle as the existing 5 3/4 inch (146mm) sealed beam one is relatively ineffective in terms of showing the way ahead) im aware of the semi sealed hella part number hd1055, which i run in my car with hella xenon 55/60 watt bulbs and are quite good but i'm wondering if there is something better and/or something with a convex lens as the hella have a flat lens (which may well improve effectiveness) but cosmetically don't quite suit the front end treatment/era/style of my motorcycle (i know, i know, its safety vs cosmetics, but that's why i'm having a good look into options) any advice/experiences much appreciated, thanks a lot

thunderbolt, Jul 18, 11:16am
You might not hit so many bumps if you had a brighter headlamp.

gmphil, Jul 18, 11:30am
Wasnt the two common sizes of the early cars 7 inch or small one 5 n3/4

cowlover, Jul 18, 12:21pm
Yes Triumph 2500 being one but they were sealed beam units and probably 45w at max.Only he outer units were double filament too.

budgel, Jul 19, 10:37pm
Check out 1980s . E34, E30.BMWs they may fit.

bellky, Jul 19, 11:19pm
Yep - just go to wreckers OP and get one.

tmenz, Jul 20, 12:30am
Is the Hella 1080 no good to you!

pauldw, Jul 20, 1:35am
Hella 1080
" High/low beam to suit construction and industrial machinery"

Looks perfect so far but
24V & "Not for road use as light pattern is for right-hand side traffic. "

petermcg, Jul 20, 5:36am
I have brought in the past aircraft landing lights they are 5 3/4" and 100 watt as thats what I use in my spotlight, just ordered out of the book at the garage.

cowlover, Jul 20, 9:29am
http://www.narva.com.au/products/browse/headlamp-inserts

There is one there that looks perfect