Fair go and ezybuy car auctions

Page 2 / 5
franc123, Jul 19, 7:23am
Lol good point, what was that about! Even if you had a serious lapse of judgement and wanted to buy one any idiot knows that you wouldn't have to cough more than $5995 at a dealers for an average one. Clearly no research OR PPI was carried out. Yet again proves its not hard to take the piss out of the gullible

zephyrheaven, Jul 19, 7:34am
Look forward to more of the above in the coming decades

In an age of the internet - any moron can google 'Ford Explorer Problem' - hell it will even look it up if you tap in fud explr prb FFS

Accountability for ones actions is a fast evaporating trend & the sharks are circling

aragorn2003, Jul 19, 8:06am
Ezybuy seem like real bottom feeders , but the couple didn't seem to the brightest tools in the shed . Who pays the car yard to do a pre purchase inspection! What do you think the result will be! and 10k for an Explorer ummm wow

n1smo_gtir, Jul 19, 10:12am
so is anything going to get done about ezybuy or no!

mopsy3, Jul 19, 10:18pm
They quite often dont allow independent inspections or they 'recommend' where to go. We have customers that have asked to bring there vehicles for an inspection to us and they wont allow it because they know they sell heaps of s*#! and we will pull them up on it. A lot of their clientele (in Otahuhu) anyway are pretty basic and are ripe for the picking for these criminals.

floscey, Jul 19, 10:46pm
"help support us so we can support you"

tgray, Jul 20, 5:09am
The important point here, is a company that says it sells by tender and doesn't. The reason is to avoid legal responsibilities after the sale, that other dealers must adhere to.
How they get away with this, is because no one enforces the law.
Hard to believe, but I know of at least one major car yard that hasn't evenbothered to renew their annual dealer registration for the last 3 years.
They have saved $1800 so far.

aragorn2003, Jul 20, 11:06pm
cool story

spy_di, Jul 20, 11:31pm
The show also noted salespeople claimed the dealership didn't own the cars, but many were registered to another firm owned by McCarrison.

It quoted from a Motor Vehicle Disputes Tribunal decision calling the process a 'sham'.

McCarrison refused to appear on the show as he feared having his interview edited and the final outcome being our of his control.

spy_di, Jul 20, 11:33pm
quoted from "auto talk magazine"

whqqsh, Jul 21, 5:47am
I dont think many car dealers out there havent told the whole truth at times, also how many times have you seen ownership (or rather rego) papers with many dealers named as 'owners'. I bought my 'coon from Ezybuy for a few K less than market value & have had a great run with it. Its as with any car deal, buyer beware!

shark574, Jul 21, 9:14am
Sounds like they are really honest, Tui anyone

sc00bnz, Jul 22, 4:38am
So basically what you are saying is that you are privy to more bullshit.We actually paid $6,900 for the vehicle, excluding administration costs for financing, inspections and servicing as was required.The cost for the 'independent' inspection was paid to Ezybuy, not A Grade Inspection Services, and believe that Ezybuy took a cut of this fee as well, so really! Independent!There was no new warrant issued by Ezybuy, the warrant sticker currently sitting on the vehicle is dated 23 March 2012, and we bought this Mid June. New Warrant, dont think so! We were NEVER given the option to bring the vehicle back in, and I never phoned - we actually went back into Ezybuy in person on 30 June and have voice recording of the conversation that took place if I need to back this up further.Let's talk about the fact that the vehicle had recently been involved in an accident, and as a result of dodgy repairs there was negative camber on the front steering (and the parts used in the repair didnt even have any dust or dirt on them - remembering at this point that the vehicle was with Ezybuy for three months before we purchased)this was in addition to the locking pin, and stuffed suspension bushes and incorrect tyres fitted to the vehicle.ALL OF WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOTED IN THE INSPECTION REPORT!Our agreement to purchase this vehicle was subject to the inspection, Ezybuy said they would phone the Inspector to find out what time he was going to come in and do the inspection, and came back to us and advised 'not till late afternoon' (this was at 1pm).So we left with the intention of returning shortly after only to find out that the inspector arrived 5 mins after we left.hmmmmm funny that one too!THOSE ARE THE FACTS!

tigra, Jul 22, 11:32pm
I certainly find the bit about Fairgo refusing tio have Ezibuy live on the show very hard to accept. They LOVE having love interviews on the show.

sharchew, Jul 22, 11:46pm
Car sales men are like Polititions full of it dont trust a thing they tell you

1516, Jul 23, 12:07am
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a "legal tender" and a
"sham tender"!

tigra, Jul 23, 12:08am
Lol You almost spelt politicians as polutions which I hasten to add They Are!. The trouble is like politicians lots of people believe what theselying car sales people say because they dont know any better. And when they go to great lenghts to provide faked inspection passes you cannot blame them

chebry, Jul 23, 12:17am
If a vehicle is sold without a WOF less rhan 28 days old the vendor is responsible for any repairs for that vehicle at its next warrant inspection

1516, Jul 23, 12:24am
What is the process!

smac, Jul 23, 12:38am
I know I should learn, but I am still amazed at the complete bollocks people just spout off as if it's fact.

h2oldragon, Jul 23, 1:32am
Isn't a real tender where a lot of people get to put an offer to buy in a tender box or similar and a sham tender where the customer goes in and makes an offer which is accepted or declinedand that is called a tender.

1516, Jul 23, 1:42am
When you sat alot, how many does the law state it has to be!

gharcourt, Jul 23, 4:40am
To "Port and Brandy" and anyone else interested, here's the first line from the statement sent to me by Ezybuy's lawyer on 13th July
???Dear Gordon,
We are unable to come in and make an interview ."
It's a shame -would love to do an interview with them.
cheers, Gordon Harcourt
TVNZ Fair Go

spy_di, Jul 23, 5:55am
maybe port and brandy had to much port and brandy when they wrote there thread.lol

h2oldragon, Jul 23, 6:13am
Why not talk to a car dealer!
Its not about how many put in a tender its about how many are given the chance to put in a tender.
Easybuy don't do a true tender.If what they do is a true tender then every car dealer could call the negotiating they do as being a tender