Towing with Ford

Page 2 / 2
jason18, Aug 4, 2:21am
Also We drive all places to taumarunui, tokoroa, huntly etc etc

chris_051, Aug 4, 2:24am
Not arguing know for fact work had 2.5 couriers replaced with 3.0 rangers. Also have TD42 GQ patrol cab/chassis, 1 70 series With the gutless 1HZ 6 cyl and 3 70 series with the 1HDT and sorry to say but the dohc falcon six shits all over them maybe go and drive one yourself!!

NZTools, Aug 4, 5:24am
carting even 4 cubes of firewood over a 4 hour round trip will see you losing money hand over fist, unless yuo are getting bloody good money for it.

jasoo, Aug 4, 6:28am
Its Manuka Tea Tree and im not selling per metre, selling bagged.
FG Falcon is sounding like a good choice, seems that not many BF utes have 6 speeds

chebry, Aug 4, 8:01am
The Falcon is a lousy idea get a Diesel Ranger not a play ute working the Falcon at it absolute capacity will kill it real quick and 3 meters of anything is well past a Falcon tow rating

jasoo, Aug 4, 9:06am
So the likes of 487729583 would be good! Are the 4wd Rangers gearboxes more prone to wear! Beter to stick 2wd! Won't really be needing 4wd but nice to have if needed.

3tomany, Aug 4, 10:24pm
yip looks good. if you dont need an xtra cab single cabs on here are not much over 12k

jasoo, Aug 4, 11:27pm
Prefer the room of xtra cab, most of the single cabs seem to have a 2.5 instead of 3!

taipan4, Aug 5, 12:09am
I have an auto BA utewith occasional towing use is there an issue with these that you should fit a separate auto oil coolerif towing lots

countrypete, Aug 5, 7:54am
Hay Jasoo, did you buy the fake Stihl chainsaw!

jasoo, Aug 5, 8:21am
No lol, did you see my comment on TV!

malp, Aug 6, 2:35am
taipan4
we never had any problems towing with our BA, had the ute for 5 years and it was brilliant.Towed vehicles around the country and frequently towed the trailer with firewood etc on it. The only reason we havent still got our ute is we wanted a bigger car, so we have a V8 fairmont.Now we miss our ute.

skyblue17, Aug 6, 3:10am
As with a lot of your posts you really don't have a clue. You are guessing and you are mostly wrong.

fordcrzy, Aug 6, 7:13am
the rangers are 3.0 liter. (except for the poverty pack single cab, stay away from those)
the couriers are not great. cracked heads and RUBBISH gearboxes. the Rangers are a better buy long term.

jasoo, Aug 6, 7:32am
Thanks for the input, the do sound good. Now to figure out if I can justify purchase to the missus lol

mugenb20b, Aug 6, 10:40am
You keep picking on my posts and hiding behind another account. I know you don't like me, it's OK, I don't mind, carry on trolling.

3tomany, Aug 6, 9:29pm
sorry i forgot they put that 2.5 in the single cabs

fordcrzy, Aug 6, 10:11pm
the single cabs have the courier gearbox and the 2.5 engine. stay away from those. the extra cab and double cab get a LOAD of extras that the single cab doesnt.like airbags/abs imporvements heavy duty gearbox etc etc they are much better buy long term.