Rice Honda vs R35 GTR

Page 2 / 2
esprit, Aug 6, 2:14am
To be honest, for reliability I'd probably take the Honda for hard launches over the GTRs, which are known for shagging their gearboxes after a dozen launches or so.

granada, Aug 6, 3:37am
Wow, my Honda does high tens on 110 hp and its stock standard and only cost me $8000Guess I really got a bargain

smac, Aug 6, 3:42am
In a crosswind!

kimberjim, Aug 6, 6:38am
that car must have done over 1000 by now

hondyno, Aug 6, 6:52am
If that's a "Rice Honda" Id love to see what a non-rice Honda would do.
Having your 3.8L twin turbo beaten by a 1.6L turbo that cost less then 1/4 the price must be quite embarrassing.

Stick some corner in the track tho and im sure things will be different.

motorboy2011, Aug 6, 7:05am
I find that hard to believe given that Nissan now guarantee the box even after launches, as long as its given a stress free run every X launches to cool down

dcm_landscaping, Aug 6, 7:07am
Haha vtec just kicked in yo! Awesome to see, each to their own aye, love my vtecs love my skylines would much rather have The teg and a nice r32 than a ultra high tech car that you can't work on in your own garage. 25k sounds like a bargain for such a thrashing :)

trouser, Aug 6, 7:14am
As long as you don't use the 'launch control' setting.

fordcrzy, Aug 6, 7:25am
i agree. Two guys getting some fun in thier cars. The turbo honda is what car guys are all about.The GTR is what engineering is all about. both do it in thier own way

motorboy2011, Aug 6, 7:27am
Wrong. The engine speed is now held at 4,000 rpm in this mode (which Nissan calls R Mode Start), and it no longer voids the warranty. However, the system allows a maximum of 4 consecutive hard launches before locking itself out, after which it can be unlocked by driving normally for 1.5 miles.

trouser, Aug 6, 7:37am
Thats for the 2012 model.

turton, Aug 6, 7:37am
the little honda motors are great. i wouldn't mind doing this to my type r.

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=Oj7UtkUDhQw&list=FLr2Ux9UIY2q5N_7IEx9NNzw&index=123&feature=plpp_video

sw20, Aug 6, 7:46am
This Honda is quite fast. Stock short block too. 9.5 @ 147mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=w5zhwl_9n0Y&feature=BFa&list=UU0q3QTv7A1UtICae7CdxU6w

motorboy2011, Aug 6, 7:48am
Correct. And when you take your pre 2012 GTR in for service, they update the firmware on the ecu to the same as the 2012 model.