Rice Honda vs R35 GTR

Page 1 / 2
vtecnet, Aug 4, 8:31am
https://www.youtube.com/watch!v=vECDh1gXSi4

This is disturbing, I'd still take the R35 though.

thunderbolt, Aug 4, 8:33am
Shame Scotty is no longer around, he would be frothing at the mouth watching that!

audi_s_ate, Aug 4, 8:35am
wow - that is impressive - they do respond nicely to a turbo but that must have been at least 350hp to destroy an r35.

mantagsi, Aug 4, 8:37am
If the R35 had the $ spent that the Honda did, you would then be watching a video of an R35 beating a top model ferrari I imagine

gtf, Aug 4, 8:40am
Yeah, very disturbing - that stock GTR has no place on that track.

clark20, Aug 4, 8:55am
I would even say 450hp

audi_s_ate, Aug 4, 9:53am
An xsi is around 1000kg - gtr is around 1700kg - power to weight I think 350 would do it. Either way that much power from a 1.6 is impressive, especially the way it was put to the ground- must have been some seriously sticky rubber.

kaymay88, Aug 4, 10:02am
uh-huh, but another question.
what is the purchase price for an R35, vs what it cost him to buy and mod and old integra!

hijacka, Aug 4, 11:09am
There is a difference between high hp and reliable hp, reliable doesn't need a rebuild with every oil change, I think most will agree that watching that honda detonating at high rpm down those straights won't last long and will soon be in pieces again while the standard r35 solders on.Anyway Its apples and orange and 12s on slicks isn't really that impressive anyway.

clark20, Aug 4, 11:17am
In another video it was 11.8s, quite quick

clark20, Aug 4, 11:20am
Mate had a Chevron 880kg and 400hp did 12.4s in the 90s, and was it the 1.6 or 1.8!

pollymay, Aug 4, 11:32am
I don't actually think the R35 is all that reliable to be honest. The electrical gremlins seem to cripple them. Also the slightest thing wrong is expensive, things like blown gearboxes are VERY expensive where as some of that honda stuff you can drop in rods and pistons to a used shortblock for under a grand and get a couple years out of it at 500hp.

Hell mine is a $90 pick a part shortblock, stock. I'm pushing 300hp on it. Sure it goes bang every couple seasons but even my stock N/A engines do just from the abusive high revs and clutch dumping.

siobhan41, Aug 4, 11:40am

motorboy2011, Aug 4, 11:54am
credit where credit is due, thumbs up to the honda owner.

whqqsh, Aug 4, 6:23pm
I think I saw this thing the other day driving through Mt Wellington, wondered why he had a 500mm long rod sticking straight up out of the middle of his bonnet with the cheapest camera available on top. must have it on as another 'look at me' semi permanent fixture lol

magicmat, Aug 4, 7:29pm
Id still take the R35 any day too

richardmayes, Aug 4, 8:57pm
The boys on the Honda forum seem to reckon $20k is a reasonable budget for building a Turbo B or F series engine. So the Honda probably owes its owner about $25k - still a lot cheaper than that fairly stock-standard looking GT-R

So the Honda owner is probably happy because he's got a car that's faster than a GT-R for about $25k and he built most of it with his own hands.

Meanwhile the GT-R owner is probably happy because he has a GT-R.

Everyone's happy, except for a few pundits on here!

thegravelracer, Aug 4, 9:29pm
What a noob ,you wouldnt have to spend half the value of the gtr to make a honda do that .happens all the time

thegravelracer, Aug 4, 9:31pm
Im not sure if that is xsiv's car

thegravelracer, Aug 4, 9:33pm
shit it is !

mantagsi, Aug 4, 10:36pm
I never said anything about spending half the value of the GTR, where did you get that from! Oh and since you get to call me a noob, I get to call you a honda wanker :D

rob_rooster, Aug 5, 2:45am
Both cars are cool, turbo integra would be nice to own, but every pencil necked dropkick in a flat brimmed cap would be trying to steal it!

kimberjim, Aug 6, 1:05am
at the end of the day, that gtr just got blowen away by a b16a DA.

kayci.j, Aug 6, 1:18am
Hijacka - first things first. that honda does not detonate (you may need to look this up).its calledlaunch control and rev limiter ie when the ecu cuts spark dumps fuel spools turbo.Second the car and engine is completly reliable, it is daily driven, the engine was built I think 3 years ago and there have been no problems with it.- and 11.8 is the best time the car has done in full trim - is the fastest Da in nz and most prob in australasia

friendly_prawn, Aug 6, 1:19am
'