Installing chrome trim in windscreen rubbers ?

scotts12, Aug 5, 5:58am
What company does this!

gunhand, Aug 5, 6:20am
most windsrceen places should be able to. You can do it yourself but if you do not have the correct tool its a pain. And its a very basic tool, bit like a bag needle with hole in it and wooden handle.

trogedon, Aug 5, 6:30am
God help you. I had a glazier install the rubber and alloy trim of one of my MGBGTs. He found it hard going and deformed the outside of the rubber in the process. Make sure you take your time and use appropriate tools or grill whoever is going to do it on what they've done before.

supernova2, Aug 5, 6:51am
Last one I did was a mini with the plastic chrome filler thingy and i just used a blunt screwdriver and a bit of care,Worked fine.However if you talking proper chrome trim as opposed to a filler strip then the tool like a big needle wont be what you want.What sort of car we talking about

scotts12, Aug 5, 7:01am
An E30 325 convertible.It's the chrome plastic beading sitting in the rubber.

gunhand, Aug 5, 7:07am
Good thinking dude, yea filler strip is part of what keeps it held in as well as decrotive at times and possably could be confused with a chrome strip as well.

demons, Aug 5, 8:06am
spray bottle with soapie water in it works a treat and make sure you cut one end 3 mm longer to allow for shrink
biddy6, Aug 5, 9:18am
Warm weather or workshop helps to make the rubber more supple.