Hot laps - self drive or passenger?

Page 2 / 2
rowlf, Aug 1, 1:30am
I see that for $99 you can add on 2 hot laps in the lotus, would getting him a self drive in one of the cheaper options and adding the lotus hot laps be a better option! Or then again maybe I should just got the whole hog and do the lotus hot laps as well, I am sure the kids won't mind beans on toast for a month, haha!

esprit, Aug 1, 1:49am
Most guys I know who have done it enjoy the Lotus laps the most as it's the most racy-feeling car they have. although for bragging to your mates down the pub, being able to say you went for a hoon in a Ferrari/Lamborghini is a better thing :)

rowlf, Aug 1, 1:59am
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it, what about this one http://www.totalexperience.co.nz/driving-experiences/lamborghini-gallardo-drive-experience-hampton-downs-auckland/181473/ plus the lotus! Or is it worth the extra $80 for the other Lamborghini!

esprit, Aug 1, 2:00am
To be honest, the Gallardo is a nicer car to drive than the Murcie. But that's just my opinion.

rowlf, Aug 1, 2:28am
Cheers!

elect70, Aug 1, 3:18am
They dont give you a real race car to drive its a lookalike.

lookoutas, Aug 1, 7:06am
I did a 10 lap V8 hoon at HD - an instructor sits in with ya the whole time.
They're a bit keen on giving the braking points, but who can blame them!

Still a good buzz tho.

rovercitroen, Aug 1, 7:56am
I did laps at HD in Lambo and Lotus Exige. Nice cars but for what the experience cost pretty underwhelming unless you are the type of person that wants to tell people 'Ive driven a ." the instructor tells you when to brake and what lines to take. Fair enough I suppose - they don't know you and they are expensive cars. I don't think I'd bother again.