Car Seat covers -suggestions?

peja, Jul 31, 3:02am
I wish to purchase a set of car seat covers (front seat only) with hotrod style flames on them (preferably on a black or dark coloured material). I recall having seen these somewhere in the past but upon looking recently have been unable to find them in Repco or Supacheap or the Warehouse or on here.

Can anyone recall or suggest an outlet where I may purchase these! They're to fit an AU Ford Falcon, although a universal fitting type (eg Stretchmaster) would be fine too. I'm in Auckland but dont mind ordering online on the basis of pics

mitsiboy69, Jul 31, 3:15am
Repco, supercheap or trademe.

trader_84, Jul 31, 3:23am
Take your seats to a canvas/tent maker and get them to recover your seats in canvas for the hotroddy/bomber seat look. Toss a cheap arsed Mexicano blanket or better . a 'patu' blanket from Afghanistan/western border regions of Pakistan over them and you will be right. Rat . gotta love them.

trader_84, Jul 31, 3:27am
Oh . just read - your seat is still in the Falcon . ok, take it out and refit it into a 40' Ford and if the paint is not worn and faded . takes steps to make it appear so.

peja, Jul 31, 8:18pm
Already looked all three places!

peja, Jul 31, 8:21pm
I'd love a 40's Ford. but have to work with what I've got - its my daily hack. Your Mexican blanket idea is one I might go with if I cant find the seat covers I had in mind

gman35, Jul 31, 8:21pm
So you want your car to look cheap & tacky !

tigra, Jul 31, 8:22pm
peja have you looked on-line at these 3 places. I've seen them at Supercheap but they recently had a sale of seat covers so stocks might be low in shops.

peja, Jul 31, 8:32pm
Just had a look, nothing on the Supacheap site, and Repco's site is pretty limited. Have also had a look online at Wootons, nothing there either

peja, Jul 31, 8:33pm
Yes! And any assistance towards this end will be gratefully acknowledged

eagles9999, Jul 31, 8:46pm
If you are prepared to order from the US The Auto Barn has someunique flame design covers for US$ 24.95 ( About $32 NZ).Plus post of course.

peja, Jul 31, 9:25pm
Awesome, exactly what I'm looking for, although shipping is not cheap