Where are the worst drivers in NZ

Page 2 / 3
cube_guy, Jul 29, 7:41am
I haven't driven in the north island much, mainly just here in Christchurch and round the South Island. But if it is worth up north than the retards we have in Christchurch, then it must be pretty shocking up there.

franc123, Jul 29, 7:46am
+1, come across plenty of that when I lived there.

trogedon, Jul 29, 9:00am
Agreed although much better on your side of the motorway. When I'd go to teach in SA I'd be shocked at how much more people would drive through red lights etc.

402rat, Jul 29, 9:09am
aucklands south westernmotorway,,,they all sit in fast lane at like 80 90ks i hate that,,,,

llortmt, Jul 29, 9:17am
Any branch of the warehouse's car park often driving (if that's what its called) an old Mitsubishi Diamante always littered with fast food wrappers and often without current rego or WOF.

johnf_456, Jul 29, 9:23am
There is a difference between going with the flow / merging (merge like a zip) than pushing yourself in and not giving way to traffic already in a lane. Hardly merging. Like lane changing for example, then causing another driver already in the lane to brake abruptly and possibly risk a rear end collision because of tailgating that goes on as well. Or the sort that that change lanes well in advanced even when its sign posted that the lane is going to end.

Or racing down a passing lane then merging abrupt because you have ran out of road rather than pulling in behindbefore the passing lanes. So I take it your the sort that passes on a passing lane then just when it goes back to one you cut the poor guy off in the left lane and make him drive in the shoulder rather than merging in behind before it goes to single lane.

edangus, Jul 29, 9:35am
Its frikkin strange. I almost always indicate to merge onto the motorway. Yet to actually have someone let me in is a rare event, this leaves me with no motorway left to merge with.
On the other side of the coin I have been abused (by my passengers) and people behind me for letting others in, its irritating.
I especially like to let Trucks and buses in.

johnf_456, Jul 29, 9:36am
Totally right, 1 for 1. Not 2 for 1, 1 for 1, then 2 for 1.

johnf_456, Jul 29, 9:37am
Do you match your speed with the traffic speed of the motorway,personally I hate people that try merge at 70k when your doing a 100!

In Auckland its the rat race syndrome, more and more people a confined space is only going to end badly eventually.

johnf_456, Jul 29, 9:40am
Reckon, if only I had some old Hilux or even a Hummer that you could push them out of the way.But it only happens in movies haha.

edangus, Jul 29, 9:42am
Yep, I do match it and yep, I find that very infuriating also.
I have more issues with peak times, especially coming on at Patiki of an evening. Then when you add the motorbikes lane splitting and firing down the middle at a great rate of knots, its a wonder more people are not injured.

johnf_456, Jul 29, 9:47am
Good on ya and well said, my work mate ended up getting his mirror knocked off cause a motorcyclist lane splitting on Friday. Lucky enough for him the guy stopped to get gas so he noticed him getting gas and had a nice "chat". I had to laugh at one getting pulled over for doing it then going in and out of the emergency stopping lane in front of a policeman on the north western up by Westgate about 3 weeks ago upon my drive home in peak hour.

peacebird15, Jul 29, 9:48am
christchurch or auckland, pretty tough to choose

roys351, Jul 29, 10:04am
rush hour in levin is pure torture!

cuda.340, Jul 29, 10:48am
isn't that just 3 cars!

whqqsh, Jul 29, 4:46pm
lol. years ago working at a sawmill in Rotorua during Xmas shut had to go down the road with the foreman to get some stuff, he complained "I hate coming into town during rush-hour". we were at a set of lights behind 5 other cars.

r15, Jul 29, 8:43pm
Gisborne.

accelerator pedal's seldom used by certain groups of people, indicators virtually never, give way rules work on an intersection by intersection basis these days, lanes markings on intersections / roundabouts usually ignored - dont even try driviing beside someone whilst your in a turning lane, they will most likely hit you.

flack88, Jul 29, 9:19pm
Have to be the Waikato ,Taranaki ,heavy fog means pull out and pass as many trucks as you can,with 50 m visibility ,Taranaki means blind crest of a hill ,double yellow lines ,you pass,unless the fully laden truck&trailer is cresting hill at least 110kmh ,if held up for more than 20sec you pass no matter what!

sr2, Jul 29, 9:24pm
Being caught up by the blue rinse set converging on the Milford Shopping centre any weekday morning can be a terrifying, life threatening experience!

kaspas, Jul 29, 9:30pm
taranaki for sure i notice the worse the weather the worse the driving, maks it fun for me when i diving the old j1 beddy fully loaded firewood, we all know the brakes on them aint great at the best o times

splinter67, Jul 29, 9:32pm
Yes most idiots think modern trucks are slow and must be passed at any cost.I would like a dollar for every time Ive seen a set of lights appear out of the spray from my drivers trying to pass If I cant see them before that what can they see while try to pass a btrain you really have to wonder what they are thinking

nightboss, Jul 29, 10:02pm
At the moment the worst drivers are on Auckland's North Shore, but that will change later this week when the inorganic collections is complete. Then all the muppets in their people-movers and 20yr old vans and utes will move to your neighbourhood. Driving with all those muppets about is like walking along a beach when someone is feeding the seagulls.

texastwo, Jul 29, 10:04pm
The worst driver is often the one behind the car you are following

ken171, Jul 29, 10:10pm
**** MOSGIEL *****

robotnik, Jul 29, 10:14pm
Trucks were a lot less powerful and went a lot slower up hills and such back in the 1980s and before didn't they! I recall being stuck behind trucks that were going at 20 - 30km/h up hils on the open road in those days.