Where are the worst drivers in NZ

Page 1 / 3
splinter67, Jul 29, 5:04am
So having driven all over our lovely country where do you think the worst drivers live

gunhand, Jul 29, 5:05am
Pretty much everywhere, no one place is excluded from poor driving. Hell ive even made the odd mistake myself.

sw20, Jul 29, 5:06am
x1
Yeah agreed. Everywhere.

Different places have different issues tho. Smaller towns people dawdle along like they have forever to get anywhere.

Christchurch drivers seem to be really aggressive.

monaro17, Jul 29, 5:15am
Only towards taxi drivers, bus drivers, and anyone trying to push in.

wasser61, Jul 29, 5:18am
In the rest of NZ we say trying to merge, which is pretty normal when driving, but in Christchurch. umm yeah.

monaro17, Jul 29, 5:20am
haha. merge what's that! I personally won't let someone in if they are trying to push in

whqqsh, Jul 29, 5:20am
South Auckland without doubt, a dangerous mix of ignorance & arrogance & then aggression even if proven theyre in the wrong

payntr, Jul 29, 5:21am
north cape to the bluff.

monaro17, Jul 29, 5:21am
What about poor Stewart Island!

payntr, Jul 29, 5:27am
oh sry,we cant forget themlol

tmenz, Jul 29, 5:30am
Waikumete cemetery.

jerichord, Jul 29, 5:31am
remuera shops, 60-85year olds

edangus, Jul 29, 5:41am
West Auckland!

aragorn2003, Jul 29, 5:47am
Mt Roskill

sharchew, Jul 29, 5:49am
India & China

turton, Jul 29, 5:57am
Auckland.

chebry, Jul 29, 6:24am
Hawkes Bay the place is covered in roudabouts and nobody knows how to use them

dids, Jul 29, 6:38am
Hicksville, where all the hillbillies in their 1980's import rust buckets think they are on a Sunday drive everyday!

morrisman1, Jul 29, 7:08am
behind the wheel of your car

splinter67, Jul 29, 7:12am
Just checked no one living in my car so next guess

extrayda, Jul 29, 7:18am
Don't know about elsewhere, but in Auckland people seem to forget the keep left rule.Most days on the way to and from work I have to go into the left lane to pass people who are dawdling along in the right lane.TBH it does annoy the crap out of me.If I'm going faster than the other traffic I stay in the right hand lane, if the same speed or slower, I move to the left.Even if I am travelling at 100kph (never more for sure ;-) I will STILL move over if someone is coming up behind me and will want to go past.
I have passed people and stayed in the left hand lane for over a kilometer, watching others have to overtake them on the inside too.Even though there was NO traffic in the inside lane.And just to get in first, they are no particular race, age or type of vehicle drivers either :-)

extrayda, Jul 29, 7:21am
In West Auckland every day (no exaggeration) I see people go through completely Red lights (not just changing from orange to red as they go through the intersection).This happens EVERY day.
Plus the idiots who go through into an intersection when it is very clear that they will be blocking it when the light changes.Those are the days when I wish I drove a bulldozer !

neville48, Jul 29, 7:31am
monaro17 wrote:

haha. merge what's that! I personally won't let someone in if they are trying to push in
where ever monaro17 and johnf live is bad, this attitude to someone trying to "push in". Do you not mean "merge". what is the difference between someone pushing in and someone merging.I'll tell you huh. Its the aggresive attitude of the driver/drivers that is involved in the merge movement which is three people. If you think everyone that is merging is trying to "push in" then therein lies the problem. 1 more car in front of you.what an inconvenience aye.

0900oxocube, Jul 29, 7:36am
Hastings for sure

extrayda, Jul 29, 7:37am
neville48 - I agree with John & Monaro to a point.The ones I regard as trying to push in are either racing down the merging lane right to the very end (or further) and then pushing in, or the people who sit right on the bumper of the person in front of them who is merging and try to merge right behind them (I merge 1-1 quite happily, and always let people merge, even to the point of giving them a bigger gap than they need if they seem hesitant.