Suzuki Swift Sport. Anyone had experience with these any known problems are they any good

Page 5 / 5
bellky, Jul 21, 9:35pm
He's like the Energizer Man - he just keeps going, and going, and going.

slarty45, Jul 21, 10:14pm
Has the Jap hater just hung himself with the rubber band out of his gearbox!

mlh19658, Jul 21, 10:38pm
Bump for skull. Having similar, bottoming in the front going over bumps.

yogibearz, Jul 21, 10:48pm
We dont want, never have wanted, and never will want a VW.
The question was about Suzuki swift sport.
We will make up our own mind and now know for sure half the people on here have their own agendas and cant read. thanks to those that answered the original post.

countrypete, Jul 21, 10:55pm
Hey Yogi, sorry the post got hijacked.Here's the thing, the Swift Sport has great reviews, is a pretty quick little car for its size, has good safety ratings and has no known problems.The latest generation has more airbags, and a CVT auto as opposed to the earlier four-stage.The ride is harsher than non-sport models, but that's really no different to other makes and models with "sporty" pretensions.The boot is not so big, and I find, having driven them, that the seat squabs could be wider - they are certainly snug fitting!Resale is excellent.

(I have to confess I am biased, as I'm in the process of buying a new Swift though not the sport version.)Don't worry about thejazzpianoma, he means well but is seriously one-eyed

bwg11, Jul 21, 11:09pm
Hi yogibearz, I've just looked in, sorry you didn't get the information you were looking for. Perhaps I can help a little, My wife (car for her) and I test drove a CVT Sport a couple of months back and were impressed enough to order one. I was delivered 2 weeks back and has only done 500 kms. We were able to give the demo a good wind-up and it was brilliant. My ony experience of CVT was mid nineties Bluebirds and Primeras which were just horrible, unreliable and sale-proof. The Swifts CVT is actually a Nissan box and quite different to the box of 15 years ago. A friend is a rural mailman, and has a Wingroad with CVT that has done 170,000 trouble free kms of stop start delivery work, always being driven like it is stolen. I think the Swift CVT is so good because of the clever ECU - although it has a manual mode with 7 gimmicky "intermediate gears" controlled by steering wheel paddles, you would drive it in Auto all the time except maybe to click back 2 or 3 "gears" for descents.

incar., Jul 21, 11:44pm
Great cars, i have only encountered rear wheel bearing issue's, they must be replaced with aftermarket Jap bearings not factory ones,also i have repaced a few oxygen sensor's so all in all great value for money, soon if not already they will dominate the small vehicle market. don't go near any Vw!

skull, Jul 22, 1:57am
The tyres I replaced the standard ones with are 205 55 R16, rarely scrape the front bumper exiting Foodtown Te Atatu Sth now. You can contact me through my services listing.

unbeatabull, Jul 22, 2:17am
From my experience, the VW is a bit more powerful, and the as Jazz will always say, the myth about parts being expensive isn't true in the Polo. Last time we had a cambelt in the workshop, for genuine parts including waterpump was only around $200.

In saying that, I thought the Polo's handled like crap and the interior felt really typical european - it looks nice but is cheap and nasty.

The Swift's do handle relatively nice, but I've always found them a bit behind in the power department. Both cars are relatively reliable.

I'd also check out the newer Fiesta's - both the turbo diesel and petrol - and in manual. I don't like the new Powershift/DSG Boxes that they have in them myself.

Otherwise theres your standard Toyota, Mazda etc to check out as well.

ree6, Jul 22, 6:36am
Bought one brand new five years ago. Nearly 100,000ks and two sets of tyres later it's still going strong. Used on gravel roads, highways and in the paddock to take hay to feed the sheep hasn't missed a beat. Only criticisms woulbe that the front seat backs are a bit narrow and it doesn't have a spare wheel but. i'd buy another one tomorrow.

shelleigh, Jul 22, 10:27pm
I love my 2012 Fiesta - is the LX auto model and am rapt with it!

bellky, Jul 22, 10:28pm
They look so cool those Fiestas.

shelleigh, Jul 22, 10:31pm
Belky it's my first auto after driving manuals for nearly 30 years and I'm LOVING it - very peppy and lots of fun around corners :)