Suzuki Swift Sport. Anyone had experience with these any known problems are they any good

Page 4 / 5
audi_s_ate, Jul 21, 9:10am
It is 15000km intervals.
As for your post getting direct injection 'right' vw group have had siginficant problems with deposits 'coking'up their engines and this tends to surface around 60000km.
What does a new punto offer today that exceeds the swift sport in technology!
Last I checked the 77kw polo is significantly slower than the 100kw swift ~ 8.7 seconds.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 9:10am
A south island agent from memory, have a search in the history, it was a while ago but quite likely in the last 12 months.

countrypete, Jul 21, 9:11am
I think you'll find that the statement above is from the distributor, not the selling agents.Which selling agents (note plural) are you referring to!Or are you making it up again!

trdbzr, Jul 21, 9:12am
How often is the 'regular expensive transmission service' and how much does it cost! And exactly what dealers have been 'ripping off customers'!

And would you like some more straws!

trdbzr, Jul 21, 9:14am
+1 quite possible. Now being a keyboard warrior is the only sense of 'strength and manliness' he can get.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 9:16am
Already answered learn to read.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 9:20am
This is particularly hilarious.
How is your record for facts in this thread!

The bigger Swift that is actually smaller, the "Dodgy" DSG with the perfect reliability index score, you also implied that the Polo was dearer when it is much the same price. Not to mention all the statements about service costs etc with no backing as of yet.

countrypete, Jul 21, 9:20am
Not answered.You ranted about "dealers" then vaguely wave towards "maybe a south Island dealer" Put up or shut up!

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 9:21am
Anyhow. this has just descended into the typical sillyness from knuckle dragging trolls trying to hack down something they know nothing about.
I am out of here for the night.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 9:22am
Snap,
Go and search for yourself, I am not your mother and quite frankly am tired of linking to everything while you lazily make up nonsense with no backing.

Prove me wrong for once instead of wasting my time proving myself right.

countrypete, Jul 21, 9:24am
Mate you need to have your medication checked.The dodgy DSG is clearly outed in the posts above with VW accepting the problems, and offering an extendded warranty as a marketing ploy.FACT.The Polo model equivalent to the Swift Sport is vastly more expensive FACT.I stated that ownership cost of a Polo will be more than a Swift.That's a fact with merely the depreciation factor.I'll provide real life servicing costs tomorrow.MORE FACTS.But don't let that deter you.

berg, Jul 21, 9:25am
Funny, the service manual in my sport says 15,000km, 12 month servicing but what would I know aye

countrypete, Jul 21, 9:25am
You have yet to prove anything.

countrypete, Jul 21, 9:26am
Jazz, I think you should give up on this one.You are starting to look silly.Bad Jazz!

trdbzr, Jul 21, 9:27am
You have been proved wrong numerous times in numerous threads. All you do is just run away from those threads and stop posting in here until that thread dies down.

audi_s_ate, Jul 21, 9:30am
Did you actually click on that link! The 0-100 is 9.9 seconds. The 1.4 is 11.9 seconds.
You brought up the punto before - in fact a 12 year old one - which really isn't relevant to OP.
The equipment list for the polo is also lacking compared to the swift sport despite the significant price increase. I highly doubt you have actually driven the 2012 MY sport considering your responses.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 9:33am
One more for the road.

Yes I clicked on the link. was the drop box too difficult to operate!

audi_s_ate, Jul 21, 9:33am
Agreed - I am sure Jazz has the best intentions and I do respect what he has to say on some things but sometimes he can make me think he has a little aspergers.

audi_s_ate, Jul 21, 9:41am
Fair call - however they aren't close to real world figures - I suspect a typo - or figures related to the polo gti.

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=NQz0VEtPOlU http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=oTxy0w_Ii3U

10 seconds looks like its right on the money. If you actually thought about it 77kw and the same wieght does not equal faster than 100kw even with a 'high tech sell before 100k' gearbox.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 9:49am
Agreed and fair call.

On checking another source the Swift Sport does appear to be 1 second quicker to 100km/h. So, right and fair to add that to its list of good points along with exceptionally low initial depreciation.

Incidentally. looking at the figures it appears its the 132kw Polo GTI that blows the Swift sport out of the water with the 0-100 time quoted on TM. But its not fair to compare it with a RRP of almost 38K.

siobhan41, Jul 21, 10:11am
Well can't really compare the two but drove a 2010 Swift Sport for a few weeks and now own a 2012 Polo GTI, the Polo is better in every way but then you are talking complete differant price brackets.
Can't think of many new cars for 37k that out perform the Polo GTI 0-100 if that's what you are looking for!.

andy61, Jul 21, 10:12am
I know of a 2009 Polo gti manual (nz new) that required a gearbox rebuild at 47000kms to fix the syncros and a soon as it went out of warranty it required a replacement radiator because 1 of the tanks failed- the new radiator was rather expensive,and you couldnt buy a replacement tank.The other thing was the fabric on the door panels were getting really scruffy and worn looking despite having careful owners.Needless to say that car was disposed of and replaced by a SWIFT

countrypete, Jul 21, 10:19am
Hey I just realised tomorrow is Sunday.You're gonna have to wait until Monday to get service comparative costs.I assume lease company actuals will suffice!

grangies, Jul 21, 8:17pm
If you can still be bothered reading this threadlol, after what is has turned into hahaha. Why not ask the Susuki dealer if you can have a demo model for a weekend!

Then your wife will figure out if she likes it or not.

mlh19658, Jul 21, 8:39pm
Any way I can contact you! Have a sport and would be great to swap advice. Thanks.