Could you charge several batteries with this?

bwg11, Jul 19, 3:32am
My guess is that linking in parallel would simply take the average state of charge and resistance so the charger would adjust to that, which would not be the optimum for any individual battery.

thewomble1, Jul 19, 3:44am
Best to charge each separately.Could use 'controller thing' mobile homes use that allows one battery to be charged before charging the next.Must be something you can use as boats sometimes have several batteries and are kept charged. Smart charge relay needed

msigg, Jul 19, 5:57am
Well if you read the spec it says output voltage 12v, so that clearly is not enough. Its a lemon.

dr.doolittle, Jul 19, 6:12am
So how much would I need ms igg!

donz01, Jul 19, 7:05am
I used to charge 6 - 10 batteries at a time. It used to take a good 12 - 24 hours. The charger was a decent commercial brand with a built in amp meter.Cannot remember the brand name but it was a swtchable 12v or 24 and had 3 charging levels. After they were charged we had a timer system to check how long it would take to discharge the batteries 1 at a time. If they held60% of the amp hours specified we could use them to replace faulty/dead batteries in electric vehicles. I used to hook them together with 16mm2 cables in parralell configuration but would connnect the charger leads at opposite ends to each other.If the amps stay high and do not drop while charging you will feel one or more of the batteries will be warm. Generally any warm batteries I used to get would not hold 60% of the required amp hours and would go to the scrap metal dealer.

dr.doolittle, Jul 19, 7:20am
Great donz01, thanks for the usefull info!

ralphdog1, Jul 19, 8:25am
Whilst I can't say you are wrong, it is a charger for charging 12V batteries, and the output stated is probably the notional voltage as opposed to the actual voltage output.

msigg, Jul 19, 10:04am
Yea your probably correct ralphdog1, just that there is so much cheap crap around on the net.

elect70, Jul 20, 2:15am
At 15 amp max it would takedays . Charge each up to full separatelythen connect together in parralell & leave on .