Honda stream. fuel 91 or 95 octane

proracer, Aug 27, 10:12pm
What would be to best fuel for car cost vs distance in economy

proracer, Aug 28, 1:18am
any Honda wizz out there!

m16d, Aug 28, 3:06am
I wouldnt use 91 in anything.

ianalice1, Aug 28, 3:27am
We have a 1999 Honda Odyssey and use Shell 95 in it. Can prove, by fuel figures that it does better mileage on 95, than 91. Was told, on here, that 91 only good for old lawn mowers.

mugenb20b, Aug 28, 3:31am
Fill your tank up with 91 and when you run out, 95. See which one gets you further. I use 95 in all my cars, don't care about economy.

short_n_fiesty, Aug 28, 8:03am
the higher the octane the cleaner burning the fuel is so in theory the higher the octane the better the fuel economy

antwerp87, Aug 28, 8:13am
91 Will do the trick. It will run alright on it. Im supprised NZ hasnt taken advantage of Ethanol blended petrol. Boosts octane and 99% of late cars work great on it

extrayda, Aug 28, 8:22am
x1
I found 91 to be crap (as above), run 95 in everything I own, have in the past compared and found to get more out of a tank of 95, so ended up not being too different in cost.I thought that Ethanol had lower BTU, therefore LESS MPG from a litre of Ethanol than standard petrol (just googled it - see this http://hho4free.com/gasoline_vs_ethanol.htm ).
I have avoided it for the moment, I consider it to be about as exciting as 'Organic' food - FFS all food we eat is organic! Rant.

antwerp87, Aug 28, 12:39pm
Yes it gets fractionally less economy than the same RON petrol but if you look at the price of 95 and then the price of ethanol it works out cheaper and basically just as economical. Its Hugely popular in Australia. its all I used in the end. Was able to get 7.6l/100k in a camry v6 2002 running on it. Still pretty dam good. and 10cents per litre cheaper compared to 95 unleaded and 91E10 is 95RON

jasongroves, Aug 28, 12:55pm
Recommended fuel is 95.

r15, Oct 4, 3:16pm
too many people in nz would expect the fuel company to fix their car when something happens to it, even when it was about 5 seconds away from flying to pieces, just like when cars started catching fire in the 90s when 96 was introduced. then later it was found that actually there had been less car fires than usual.