2003 Subaru Legacy Query

jess_6, Aug 8, 8:32am
So, I have a 2003 Subaru Legacy jap import. It has the Nav screen in the dash board, which has a clock.
Does anyone have any experience in changing the time on these clocks! My Japanese is poor, and I can't find the instruction in the car manual.
A google search didn't seem to find a complete answer either.

The minutes are correct, but the clock is 3 hours behind.

stevo2, Aug 8, 9:06am
I have the same problem in one of my Mazdas. I can't change the clock so I decided to disconnect the battery and connect it at 12 noon the next day. Still didnt work so I left it disconnected for a few weeks but when reconnected it went back to Japanese time.
I have been told that is set permanently to Japanese time and cannot be changed.
I have had the car for 8 years and it is still exactly 3 hours out.

smac, Aug 8, 9:11am
You can't find a single Japanese tourist in Tauranga! Greymouth I can understand, but Tauranga!!

jess_6, Aug 8, 9:32am
Greymouth has tourists. I just don't talk to them.

pc_evo, Aug 8, 9:54am
Ok, this is NOT an easy operation, I'm guessing you havent tried to change the headunit yet either! If your planning on doing that, get good at wiring ;)

Nah its not THAT hard, but it does involve some commitment, me and a mate did mine, he's an electrician and a lot of crossing of the fingers was involved.

Also, if you ever want, you CAN swap the whole nav screen out so that it all looks normal. this also involves a LOT of wiring and getting spare bits from wreckers (not that many but a few) and replacin the AC control unit. (which im assuming your ac still displays on the screen).

If your interested, sign up to clubsub.org.nz there are links there on exactly how to do either, its called like BE or BH stereo or somethign to that effect, youll know it when you see it.

PS an auto electrician will class it as a "BIG JOB" and probably charge heaps, its not, its just fiddly

jess_6, Aug 8, 10:05am
I only want to change the time, I dont see how any wiring is involved.
My AC isn't on my Nav screen, it's down the below the stereo. The Stereo is fully inbuilt thing, that's staying as is as well.
I just want to press a few buttons to magically make the time change.

pc_evo, Aug 8, 10:15am
Sign up to clubsub.org.nz have a browse, but, i dont think youll be able to make it happen easily

smac, Aug 8, 8:13pm
I realise Japan doesn't have daylight savings, but SURELY their cars have the ability to correct the time! Every piece of electronic equipment I've ever seen does.

pc_evo, Aug 9, 9:32am
If only the wee japanese symbols said things like "Set Clock" or adjust, or numbers, and werent just symbols, im sure we'd be all good :)