Driving on the open road & motorways these days

whqqsh, Aug 21, 6:14am
had to do a quick round trip down south today. Came across a range of drivers doing 80kph on the outside lane of multilane roads, trucks doing the same, 80-90 kph drivers who speed up at passing lanes so no one gets past then drop to 80-90 again, drivers who decide to change lanes after youve indicated & just got beside their rear guard & my favourite. speed up to stop anyone passing then slow down to 80 to sit beside another car doing that speed so no one can get past.
ahh the joys of years of the cops concentrating on speeding only while driving skill & courtesy goes out the window

morrisman1, Aug 21, 6:16am
My radar detector will be arriving shorty so I can pass these pricks at a safe speed (read more than 100) and not have to worry as much about mr plod

friendly_prawn, Aug 21, 6:19am
totally agree.
why are cops not targetting cars that impede the flow of the traffic.
I followed a lady on the motorway sitting in the fast lane at aprox 80kph one night.
I pulled over in to the next lane and drove up along side her.
she had her interior light on, was using her knees to steer and was busy texting. She glanced over at me breifly, then put her head back down and carried on texting.She spent far more time looking at her phone than the road ahead. I stayed along side her for a minute or so amused greatly by her antics, then took off and left her to it.
Im not the most law abiding citizen but gee, some people really do have you shaking your head at times.

berg, Aug 21, 7:11am
Tickets I've seen issued this week
2 seatbelts
2 using cellphones
4 no wof
3 not up to wof/cof standard
3 drivers breaching licence conditions
2 failing to stop at stop sign
1 red light
0 SPEED
Hmm, no donuts for police this week then

smac, Aug 21, 7:16am
I see all these things happen every week.but evidence it's anything new! None.

flack88, Aug 21, 7:18am
Fark thats a safe driver she not speeding though!did couple of nite runs lately ,whats with the drivers that dont dip their lites till the blinded you!Do these muppets that speed up on the passing lanes realise its illegal to speedup when been passed//!

rob_man, Aug 21, 7:19am
Maybe so but it seems more socially acceptable to be a dick nowadays.