Battle truck

Page 2 / 2
casper35, Aug 20, 7:20am
Yes at mid canterbury engineering.

philltauranga, Aug 20, 7:32am
x1
The second owner of this truck is my neigbour and good friend Alf Quaife, he has some fond memorys and good storys about this truck.
As quoted in "KENWORTH 50 years in New Zealand"
"The sound of Concordes mighty V12 Detroit winding up and howling its way through the landscape is unique, and we owe alot to the handful of men who have kept the legacy alive"

Any truck loverwho gets to hear this truck will get shivers down their spine, it sound awsome.

mongolia1, Aug 20, 9:52am
That sound track brings back good memories!I drove a Terex scraper on the Upper Waitaki Hydro project in the mid/late 70s powered by a V12 Detroit with straight pipes.When you had 3 or 4 Terexes side by side in the borrow pit at full noise the sound was incredible - made the hairs on the back of your neck stand.Could be why I'm half deaf now though.

1ollie, Aug 20, 10:51pm
Thats the one!

bmc460, Aug 21, 6:45am
the convoy truck still goes as well , the one that went over the bridge had no driveline apparently, it was pulled by a winch . on the way over the bridge ya can see theres no driveshaft.

plasticboys, Aug 21, 6:49am
think when it went over the cliff it was fake l got a copy of it of here . a good movie in its day