Nissan Murano 2004

bridgetkara, Aug 19, 6:28am
Hi, We are thinking about buying a Nissan Murano 2004. I have been looking at reviews which seem to have pros and cons, especially re: the CTV. Does anyone out there have some experience with this vehicle please. Thanks

mugenb20b, Aug 19, 6:58am
Personally, I'm not aware of any CVT faults, but they are such a brilliant vehicle to drive. Very comfortable, quiet, smooth, powerful and practical.

bridgetkara, Aug 19, 7:11am
Thanks mugenb, the one we are looking at has around 123 ks. They look sleek, all the reviews say what you have said also, some say about CTV problems,but Im thinking maybe the reviews are from a minority of owners.

dr.doolittle, Aug 19, 7:16am
I looked at reviews of these last week & read nothing but good reports.
Apparently they have the 350z motor & a skyline gearbox which sounds like a good combination.
For the money they look like a lot of wagon.
In closing, all I can really say is, dont be swayed by a certain poster convincing you that a VW or fiatis superior in every way.
I'd like to hear what an experienced importer like Kaz has to say too.
I'll be following this thread.

trdbzr, Aug 19, 7:29am
Overseas a number of Murano owners were having problems with their CVT transmissions. Two big reasons for this was either a lack of maintenance and using incorrect oil when doing it. It would be best to see if the car has a full service history and getting the transmission oil checked by Nissan. Im not sure if the older Murano has the CVT which logs the oil condition in the computer.

morrisman1, Aug 19, 7:44am
To be honest, I am yet to hear of a nissan CVT fail out of the blue when the proper servicing has been applied and of course with the genuine nissan fluid. There are heaps of nissan CVT vehicles out there getting up in the Kms now

mugenb20b, Aug 19, 7:53am
We look after one of these, and has got a CVT, done 160k and is still going strong. I can't comment about any reviews, sorry. I used to think they were expensive to buy, but not after driving one. Awesome car in my opinion.

bridgetkara, Aug 20, 3:06am
Thanks so much everybody for your replys, you have been most helpful. We are really keen and other reviews did state proper servicing, correct oil and a mechanic who knows the nissan vehicle.

stella40, Aug 20, 11:32pm
We too are looking to buy one, preferably a 2006/2007 Ti.We prefer to buy NZ new however would we be making a mistake buying an import!Would welcome some opinions.Also any tips on how I should word selling our 2006 Toyota Surf, I have looked at others for sale on TM and although a 2004 looks similar the 2006 is quite different with the lights etc and pricing is all over the place.