BMW 740i Owners

buyme3, Aug 16, 11:29pm
so long as the flux capacitors have been replaced in last 40k they are pretty good

buyme3, Aug 16, 11:29pm
gas mileage should be between 14l and 18l per hundredk

monaro17, Aug 17, 12:52am
Personally, If I so wanted one I would definitely take out a mechanical warranty for piece of mind. It may cost a little extra but if something mechanical/electrical did go wrong you would be looking at an arm and a leg to have it fixed.

edangus, Aug 17, 1:57am
What she/he said.

Great car, pleasurable driving. You can pick up a very Good M series 540 for those sort of $$$. Which is probably a very good option too.

There are some exceptional E38 sites for DIY'ers

carclan, Aug 17, 3:43am
I was driving mine from Christchurch to Timaru most of the time and got around 8.5 - 10.5 combined. Good car though and most maintenance you can do yourself as they are pretty straight foward. Pixel dispays will give up as you might already know.

texastwo, Aug 17, 3:46am
So a trip to Auck from Wellington would cost $250 .I think not!

tigra, Aug 17, 3:50am
I guess a Warranty would cost about $1200 for the first year but considering the mileage, and that it is imported, with probably no known servicing or repair history, it would bea good idea. The next years warranty costs go downquite a bit.

wsnownz, Aug 17, 6:01am
I'm 260k on the original flux capacitors in my 716i. It's a vtec though, so it's the best.

murray55, Aug 17, 7:36am
This has been advertised for months .typical card yard horribly overpriced. Cant sell at this price that is painfully obvious !

budgel, Aug 17, 8:05am
When you find one that is more realistically priced get it checked out at
BM Workshop in Great North Road.
A comprehensive report can help in price negotiation.

steph1211, Aug 18, 6:22am
get a 540i nicer to drive etc i wouldnt pay any more then 10 for a 740i of that year