thunderbolt, Aug 14, 8:04am
nissan
march
reliable

mugenb20b, Aug 14, 10:37am
Exactly what I was going to say!

thea4, Aug 15, 4:34am
thank you I will start again
96 4door hatch nissan march has been regulary serviced and reliable,lately the motor has been cutting out when sitting waiting at interesctions,starts easily.
my mechanic did a full service which hasn't made any difference,when I got back to him he said go to repco and get an additive to add to petrol.
That seems odd as it seems more an electrical fault than fuel.
Cananyone with mechanical knowledge help -please!

gmphil, Aug 15, 5:06am
Id take it back ,not sure wot full service means as this seem to varry a lot. But u did put (afterward it still stall i informed him and he said)which indicates to me is why u took car in first place ! So job not done!

cypherboy, Aug 15, 6:00am
Could possibly be the airflow meter, the march engines have it built into the throttle body and are known to cause problems. Sometimes can be a easy repair or sourcing a second hand one through a wreckers.

pdc1, Aug 15, 8:05am
Have a look on www.micra.com.au
There is a lot of helpful technical stuff there, and you can also post a question. Micra is another name that other countries used for the March, but the car is identical

kazbanz, Aug 15, 8:08am
OP short sion take it back to spannerman. Explain that you have a specific fault requiring sorting.

thea4, Aug 15, 8:54am
Thanks for sensible replies.
I took it to him to enquire about it stopping and he said a service,oil change new spark plugs oil and air filters etc etc 150$ and still not right,as he now says an additive in the petrol,I do not feel like trusting him