Paying rego at the pump

Page 2 / 3
buyme3, Aug 11, 12:54am
I've thought this a great idea since first heard. User pays. Nobody can't and no excuses. Bloody good idea.

casper35, Aug 11, 12:59am
As there are 250,000 notices issued for no rego it has to be a big saving.

supernova2, Aug 11, 1:34am
Brilliant idea - will increase the tax take by lots as now no unregistered vehicles at all.Could never understand why you need a wof to get a rego, should have been other way around.

chris241, Aug 11, 2:07am
i think its stupid. why the hell should you have a rego cost for mowing the lawn/ cutting the hedge. Whats wrong with paying for your rego seprate!

mothergoose_nz, Aug 11, 2:15am
acc will gather the levy on lawnmowers etc.accidents happen with them as well.

lookoutas, Aug 11, 2:28am
Just what I was thinking. Same for boats - and that also includes me.

casper35, Aug 11, 2:30am
Why should the honest people pay for there rego and the other 250,000 people who dont pay and still use the roads and services. Users pays.

cute_char, Aug 11, 2:32am
Cool I can put wheels on my gas heater and drive around on the road.

peja, Aug 11, 2:46am
My God, didnt read that bit - and I bet each of those costs more than $10 to process, most more than a $100, and a significant proportion result in no recovery at all. At an average $100 each which is probably optimistic thats 25 million in savings/ gains right there

chris241, Aug 11, 3:15am
so will you never need to put a car on hold!

icemans1, Aug 11, 3:42am
well ya not using any fuel, so ya not paying rego

patiki1, Aug 11, 3:49am
Why is its a good idea,the only winner will be the government.

splinter67, Aug 11, 3:50am
Whoever thought of this hasnt got a big block

johnf_456, Aug 11, 4:07am
more fairer than paying 300 a year for cars that go out in weekends only or even 600 for a bike. Especially when you pay the set acc and rego set fee every time you get a rego on multiple vehicles.

patiki1, Aug 11, 4:08am
or a small block with a big cam

splinter67, Aug 11, 4:11am
yup problem is my cam is quite lumpy as well

patiki1, Aug 11, 4:13am
How do you know!Do you know how much the government is going to add to the fuel price!

johnf_456, Aug 11, 4:16am
Alot fairer than paying 600 a year for the rego, it won't be that much on the price per litre of gas

Users pays is a lot more fairer than a set fee that you pay on every vehicle you own

red97, Aug 11, 4:18am
farmers get tax rebate on petrol bought for non road use,tax from boaties used for coastguard, marine safety education etc, as for the lawn mower i dunno how big your lawn is but i use about 500mls a week

raymond00001, Aug 11, 4:23am
You wouldn't want to live next door to someone who collects old rust buckets to do up. Would be able to park them all out in street. Good for us motorbikers though, we wouldn't be able to be gouged by acc and their dodgy stats.
Would crime go up and the cops have a harder time! At the moment one could assume that they probably do well catching a few crims after using the probable cause of expired rego to pull them over and inspect.

johnf_456, Aug 11, 4:24am
rust buckets world not be able to be parked on the street without a wof.

icemans1, Aug 11, 4:38am
2 cents a litre would probably cover it

elect70, Aug 11, 5:21am
Cant see it , more likely to put in barcode system so taxed on roads you drive . Pay more for entering cities, much more revenue .

casper35, Aug 11, 5:23am
I would be happy to pay 5 cents a litre.

austingtir, Aug 11, 5:39am
Sounds great IF i can buy an electric car thats suitable. hmmm.Otherwise its a retarded idea.