Calling Motor Car Lovers!

Page 1 / 2
brendie2000, Aug 12, 9:41am
Calling all Motor Car Lovers!
What is it about motor cars that gets you excited!
What is your greatest memory that involves a Motor car! and what was it!
Please share your stories!

gunhand, Aug 12, 9:42am
I had a large old XP wagon once.nuff said.

brendie2000, Aug 12, 9:44am
Agreed!

turton, Aug 12, 9:53am
the r32 gtr's racing at bathurst got me hooked on gtr's

mugenb20b, Aug 12, 9:57am
Charging people money when I fix them.

mugenb20b, Aug 12, 9:59am
Buying a car with an engine that had a blown head gasket for $50 and selling it three days later for $1600 (after I fixed it).

brendie2000, Aug 12, 10:07am
Brillent! What are your thoughts on Nissan entering the SuperCars next year!

brendie2000, Aug 12, 10:09am
Nice work. You sound like a person who has seen a few Motor cars, What is your all time FAVOURITE ride!

pebbles61, Aug 12, 10:13am
I enjoy working on my car and the shear enjoyment of going down the road in my awesome car.

brendie2000, Aug 12, 10:14am
Awesome mate!, what do you have!

pebbles61, Aug 12, 10:26am
Landcrab

turton, Aug 12, 10:28am
i would like the skyline to make a return to v8 supercars, but that wont happen caus they'll whip the fords and holdens

rotormotor7, Aug 12, 10:35am
first proper drive in my first owned rotary '79 Rx7 wgtn to coromandel for new years in the '90's.
turned heads even back then,pre noise control levels of course :)

rotormotor7, Aug 12, 10:35am
agreed ANY different marque will be welcomed

chebry, Aug 13, 5:52am
Had a XP Fairmont even that didnt put me off

00quattro00, Aug 13, 5:55am
Group b rally, sound of the 5 cylinder

farmer-boi, Aug 13, 6:04am
i love skylines but i think this is a waste of time as the car nissan is entering into the super cars is not a skyline it not even really a performance car. also its not going to have a nissan moter as all super cars will be running the same v8 engine

mugenb20b, Aug 13, 6:13am
Of the ones I owned, a "slightly" modified Isuzu MU. It wasn't nice to drive on the road, but once off road.man, that thing would go anywhere.wish I never sold it:(

If money was no object, a Peugeot 205 T16 would make a nice daily driver I reckon.

hyphen, Aug 13, 6:13am
I got hooked in 1978 when I bought a Mazda RX3 coupe for $3995 and proceeded to drive like a lunatic boy racer. Used to race at the Mystery Creek rallycross on Sunday and drive to work on Monday still covered in mud and with the No's on the side. Ahh, those were the days!

attitudedesignz, Aug 13, 6:14am
WRONG!

farmer-boi, Aug 13, 6:23am
Sorry my bad i read the the web site wrong i take back what i said about the engine. I still reckon it should be the R35 skyline that was being entered not thenissan altima.

ana_automotive, Aug 13, 6:23am
From all the perfoemance cars, i've driven, it could never compete with my stock standart xe falcon.Selling it, is depressing to say the list. Love the sound of it, the way it drives, the way it way it tows.My XE converted me from jap cars lover to old school ford lover. They are easy to work on, more reliable (comparing to my miss' Evo4 mitsi), have more character (imho only).If i ever buy another car it will be only xb-xe range Falcon utes.

sw20, Aug 13, 6:28am
Back in 2004 went to the drags with my old MR2 turbo. First run of the day after some very minor modifications. Had no idea how fast it would run. Car looked dead stock. Rolled up next to a WRX STi RA. That looked like it had plenty of dollars spent. Driver laughs at my car. I proceed to destroy his car down the drag strip.

ana_automotive, Aug 13, 6:34am
After all, its not always about the car. Most of the time its about a driver.I have destroyed my miss' evo4 with my 6 cyl stock standard falcon xe.However, with a better driver id be left in the whops :)

pebbles61, Aug 13, 6:45am
You know you love it deep down lol