Lucky escape. Workin away in the garage on a pesky window winder sniff sniff i smell burning electrical stuff big panic what hav

kazbanz, Sep 2, 5:38am
Workin away in the garage on a pesky window winder.
Sniff sniff I smell burning electrical stuff.
Big panic. What have I done wrong -Has the winder seized up!
Hmm nope taint coming from the car
Where is it coming from.!
Darned If I can see anything amoungst all the "big boys toys"
Look over towards the freezer in the corner and see a tiny whisp of smoke.--ahh dag namb it freezers blown up.
Close call--we only go in there once every three days but I hate to imagine what kinda fire that mighta caused.
Hmm anyone got a freezer for sale tonight !
NO Im not self promoting--that last line was a joke.

NZTools, Sep 2, 5:41am
Lucky all right. They usually blow up quite discretely, and you dont notice until a week later when the "smell" starts wafting through the house.

mrfxit, Sep 2, 7:18am
Was lucky with our last freezer to die.
It was a small unit & I was in the shed when I noticed it run/stop/run stop a lot.
Had a peak inside & YEP, been defrosting for a day or 2 but luckily not enough to thaw out the goodies& we had enough room in a bigger freezer next to it.
Only thing was. that small freezer was full of OLD stinky dog meat, rapid double bag up & tie off tops before moving it over.
Still left a bit of a smell a after a while even with double rubbish bags.

What is it with dogs & stinky meat. they LOVE the stuff

mrfxit, Sep 2, 7:21am
LOL ummm yea, had that "stinky feeling" with an un noticed Chrisco meat box that got buried under a pile of spare sheets/clothing etc for about a week.
No one realized it was a MEAT box when it got "put there"

motorboy2011, Sep 2, 8:29am
faulty freezer took out partners parents garage, freezer was about 30 years old

gammelvind, Sep 2, 8:39am
Remember in my student days, farming flatmate put half a beast in the big chest freezer in the laundry. We all buggered off on holiday came back two weeks later, noticed a bit of a pong in the house but hey we are blokes in a all male flat so we just opened the doors and windows. Next morning after heaters going etc the air was rank, when we opened the freezer it was half full of this.soup!

mrfxit, Sep 2, 10:14am
Wiggerly soup ;-)
Not often you see soup trying to crawl out of the bowl