I got an old honda full of rust.

Page 1 / 2
friendly_prawn, Sep 3, 6:09am
It wont get through for its next wof. Been sitting out in the rain for the last few years with rego on hold.
To metal plate it would cost a fortune so Im giong to bog the hell out of it before undercoating and selling it.
Which is best, chicken wire rolled up or just screwed up newspaper to shove in all the rust holes to help fill the holes!
news paper is easier to work with so Im guessing news paper would be the best! Any advice please!

morrisman1, Sep 3, 6:14am
get some fibreglass reinforced bog, that stuff is good for structural repairs

cypherboy, Sep 3, 6:15am
I brought a old TA22 Celica off a young fella who said all rust work was done and body was "mint".

After getting the shell sandblasted back to bare metal we found that the little snot had spent quite a bit of effort shaping up styrofoam sills and A Pillars with a quick smear of bog to smooth it off

Funnily enough his phone was no longer active and when they boys and I went to visit him he "didnt live there anymore"!

xpfairmont, Sep 3, 6:16am
.or you can cut up a beer can and flatten it out, then siliconto the back. then bog.
Paint.
done!

matarautrader, Sep 3, 6:16am
A nice piece of foam that will hold lots of water works well

friendly_prawn, Sep 3, 6:17am
hey beer cans. good one, I got lots and lots of them.

johnf_456, Sep 3, 6:28am
Or you could get space invading foam and get some paint. And you can use what is left over on the house.

johnf_456, Sep 3, 6:28am
Or you could get space invading foam and get some paint.

grangies, Sep 3, 6:29am
Use tin food cans, and there's your metal plating.

thejazzpianoma, Sep 3, 6:29am
The most important part of this process is to take if for a decent run up a gravel road immediately after doing the under sealing. This gives it the "these are not the droids you are looking for" effect you want to achieve with the WOF inspector.

countrypete, Sep 3, 6:38am
In the '60s they used to use loaves of bread!

icemans1, Sep 3, 6:41am
rivet some galv tin over it then bang it and bog it

gammelvind, Sep 3, 7:47am
Paper mache is cheap, and paints ok when dry.

m16d, Sep 3, 7:52am
I once bought an old Vdub that had concrete in the door pillar.

extrayda, Sep 3, 7:55am
pffft FP, you are such a loser.The people 'in the know' just print a new WOF / Rego out on their PC at home, and stick it to the windscreen with Super glue.Make the WOF valid for a couple of years, that way they won't find out about the rust for ages.

gammelvind, Sep 3, 7:58am
The wof stickers are easy enough to print, it's the rego ones that are a bastard lol.

splinter67, Sep 3, 8:00am
Hmm mental note to self dont buy a honda from FP if it has new paint on it LOL

friendly_prawn, Sep 3, 8:21am
Doh, now why didnt I think of that lol

friendly_prawn, Sep 3, 8:23am
concrete, I like it, another great idea. Now why didnt I think of that.:-)

friendly_prawn, Sep 3, 8:24am
I once bought a car that they had stuffed all the rust holes full of news paper before bogging over it.sucked me in beautfully.

Car looked sweet as too. For a while.

rob_man, Sep 3, 9:06am
Sod the bike, check out the Austin Healey in the background.

extrayda, Sep 3, 9:08am
my thoughts too (Austin Healey).And I think thats an SV5000 too - haven't seen one of them in a long time.

jmma, Sep 3, 9:13am
What about the Vauxhall in their other listings!

rob_man, Sep 3, 9:23am
Yessss. (pointy twisty finger thing) and the MkII Jag.

friendly_prawn, Sep 3, 9:40am
The Corgi bike was the civilian version of the Excelsior Welbike, which was made for the military

"made for the military" !Really!