Who needs a v8

stockyz, Sep 6, 3:58am

sifty, Sep 6, 4:07am
or a 4 for that matter, or a 5, flat 6, V6, or V10.

rustihammer, Sep 6, 4:29am
Heck!

clark20, Sep 6, 6:03am
Its not about need, it is about want.there will be plenty of time in the future to experience small motors, but maybe not so many V8s, so the time is now. Petrol is not going to get cheaper in 10 years.

whqqsh, Sep 6, 6:13am
yup, may not need but sure do want, since Ive had mine just about everyone comments how much more it costs to run & it isnt that much, from $100-120 for my 6 to $110-130 for the 8 (& the more open road & m/way, the more it evens out too) & TBH the 'smiles per gallon' outweigh a few bucks for sure!

iman007, Sep 6, 6:20am
already got 2 thanks

gman35, Sep 6, 7:05am
In the UK they are talking about the new Mondeo having the ONE ltr. eco for one of the engine options ! , as well as the usual diesels there I guess , with the top one being the 2.0 eco (Falcon engine). Only USA with the Fusion (same car) will get the 2.5 turbo (XR5 Focus etc).

ntalke, Sep 6, 7:57am
This is the Mondeo with the 1.0 litre 3 cylinder that will be available in Europe

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/threecylinder-family-car-20120906-25gqg.html

Big advances in petrol engines of late

howie69, Sep 6, 8:40pm
Me too and wont part with them love the V8 sound and ride. To hell with gas prices smile and drive.

sifty, Sep 6, 8:51pm
Yeah i've got an 8, but that thing sure looks like fun.

Imagine the track days

hopie, Sep 6, 11:19pm
got an 8 (commy) and a 1 (K11 March).

wassup

timmo1, Sep 7, 12:42am
It's hardly about the engine.more about that chassis (i.e. it weighs nothing and as a head of grip)

iman007, Sep 7, 3:40am
its ALL about the engine sonny!
and dont forget it!

gman35, Sep 7, 10:38am
I actually won't worry any more about small capacity turbo engines killing off nice sounding (but inefficient) v6/8's ,IF they can at least mean the end of bloody diesel engines in cars !I Don't care what you may say about the (very slight and increasingly blurred) line on running costs , or the "torque" available. Because when you here a nice looking modern Euro start up , and it sounds like a small truck , it just is not right. As the owner I would honestly be embarrased .

ema1, Sep 7, 10:57am
Yes there has been for sure .BUT the fuel we get here certainly hasn't and not likely toin the near future either.
Fuel quality wise New Zealand is still in the dark ages.