Can you put rego on hold for 1 month

motig, Sep 25, 8:59am
Currently have had motorcycle rego on hold for 6 mths but need another month to just get everything OK. So as the heading says can I just get another mths extension!

intrade, Sep 25, 9:09am
noput on hold 12 month always you will be having to backpay if its on hold less then 3 months. and do it online or you have to pay for puting on hold soon also if not already.

intrade, Sep 25, 9:10am
dont know how its on your case but always do the maximum of 12 month you know now why as you did not.

gunhand, Sep 25, 9:12am
What do you mean by, get every thing OK!Just rego it for a month, cheap as.
Are you trying to time it over the best riding season or something!

franc123, Sep 25, 9:16am
Have you had a notice saying that the license is up for renewal! If you have you can only exempt for a minimum of 3 months more, any less than this and you will have to pay. If you originally exempted for 12 months and only 6 have elapsed then just leave it one more month and then relicense for however long you want to.

gunhand, Sep 25, 9:42am
Im same as you at mo.Just got a bike with months rego which ran out last week. wanted to put it on hold for a while till best riding months but as you have to have a min of 3 months I just did a 4 month rego at $181, then will do another 4 months then prob go on hold.

skin1235, Sep 25, 9:46am
just ignore it, the 12th month isn't over til the 13th begins, and you'll often find that you'll not be asked for even that 13th month if you rego it during that 13th, by which time summer will be here ( charges don't start until the beginning of the next month ( 14th)

gunny, you could ave just left it, even if they ping you when you rego next month it would have only been a month, so would have cost the same just a month later,and the chances are they would not have

gunhand, Sep 25, 9:48am
To late LOL, Shame there loosing buy all the bikers who put there bikes on hold now, didnt think it through to well did they.

pdc1, Sep 25, 10:22am
I'm not 100% on this, but different to gunhand, where his licence has just expired, yours has been on hold for 6 months. I think you can get another 3 months on hold, and then license in 1 months time. The system should still see this as satisfying the minimum 3 months hold. It should be a bit like when you get12 months, and then go in any time in over 3months time you don't have to pay back. You haven't got anything to lose by trying anyway.

intrade, Sep 25, 6:22pm
i think your right but he will know when he regos it but i think it was this way . and always 12 month is what i do as after the 3 month you can put it back you dont have to wait 12 month when you get 12 month hold. All my cars are on hold 12 month apart from the one i drive .

intrade, Sep 25, 6:25pm
another thing you might not know but is important
You can get 1 month extra rego with a special form from AA , but it has to be registered alreadyyou dont need to add 3 month each time.

kevin.b, Sep 25, 7:07pm
Just put it on hold for 3 months, then if you wish to Re-license it in a months time you MAY have to pay a month of back-fee(can't remember if the extra 3 months hold time is classified as a continuation of your current 6 month hold, or a new hold). But either way, if you do have to pay a back-fee then this will be less than the full re-licensing cost for that same period, as they don't charge for a portion of the fees.(I think it might be theACC component! that they don't charge for)

motig, Sep 25, 11:09pm
Just phoned nzta as of work with stuffed foot.pdc1 is correct. So I've justput it on hold for another 3 mths and shouldn't be penalised when I register in a months time (according tothe girl on the phone).

socram, Sep 26, 12:28am
Good news for all those like me who may well want to rego for a number of months that is not 3, 6 , 9 or 12.
Up until recently, the on-line system would only accept the above, but now you can go from 3 to 12 and everything in between without having to go to VTNZ or the Post Office in person.
Pity you can't get an exemption for say 10 weeks, as with several vehicles and regular time spent overseas that is just less than 3 months, the savings for us would be considerable.

sifty, Sep 26, 1:24am
Cool, I've just done the same. Not quite ready to put another warrant on the summer car but I will be in a month or so.