Shipping van over to perth. Guys wanting to ship our mini van over the ditch wanting t know would this be worth doing just looki

booked60, Sep 24, 6:13am
guys wanting to ship our mini van over the ditch wanting t know would this be worth doing! just looking at the options I have do anyone know the cost and regulations that must be meet on that side. Help would be choice.

intrade, Sep 24, 6:24am
forget it could be that you cant even register a car from here there . and cars are cheap there loads more LPG ones buy in adalaid no wofs there for cheap dungers.

booked60, Sep 24, 6:31am
yea its been a gd whanu wagon for us and I got a deal for it! if im looking at 5g that's not too bad.But looking at some web sites it's not looking good.

intrade, Sep 24, 6:33am
are you going to live there!

booked60, Sep 24, 6:40am
yep moving over in Jan selling up everything and wanting to take the van.

vjregal770, Sep 24, 9:52am
Sell the van here, you can buy one easily in WA. Australian rules and regs make it not worth the migraines. They are VERY anal over there.

If you're REALLY hell-bent on taking it over, check with the state authorities first. You'll at least need an import approval (you can import without one if you're keen to give Gillard about 13 grand though), and if it has A/C you'll nee to evacuate the system.

And don't quote me on this, but I have heard of their version of compliance inspections running to 3,000AUD.

Personally I think the amount you'd end up spending shipping, paying duty etc, and eventually getting your van on the road there would have bought you a decent replacement anyway.

Anyone out there, let me know if I'm wrong.

lazzo, Sep 24, 11:45pm
^^^^^ This. 100%.