Toyota Corolla 1990 2E *Head Torgue Settings* HELP

gnana1, Sep 24, 7:02am
x3
Brand new gasket in it but I need the settings to do the head bolts up.
Expert help please

ema1, Sep 24, 7:25am
x1
3 stagesFirst 29nM =22lbs/ft.2nd 49nM = 36lbs/ft .3rd tighten further 90degrees approx. Using angular torque gauge.
The head stud tightening sequence starting at centre stud (1)on side away from spark plug side( side nearest firewall.
Then Stud (2) centre on spark plug side.
I'll try to draw here below for torque sequence of head studs.
----------( Windscreen side of engine bay )--------------

<<Crank Pulley End
(9)(3)(1)(6)(8) = studs at back of head towards firewall.

(7)(5)(2)(4)(10)= studs at front -spark plug side

V V V V Front Of Car V V V V

Hope you understand this.

intrade, Sep 24, 7:58am
x1
normally the torque is on the packet of the gaskets and also how to torque it down in what sequence.

cowlover, Sep 24, 8:39am
Are these TTY bolts!If so did you replace them!

fordcrzy, Sep 24, 9:45am
haha its a 2e engine just crank em till theyre tight. the 2e's will run and run and run. they are about the most tolerant engine there ever was.
i changed a cambelt on one on the side of a road after the belt snapped. it ran for a further 6 months with bent valve gear and you could hardly tell. we finally retired it after it got picked up for rust in the body shell.

panicky, Sep 24, 9:57am
x2
I accidentally tightened my 2E head to 180 deg, not 90 deg on the 3rd setting.I realized after the first bolt and then decided the best thing to do was do the whole lot like that and then reset all the tappets.

jmma, Sep 24, 10:09am
This doesn't make sense !

panicky, Sep 24, 10:19am
what don't you understand!I over tightened the head gasket, bringing the head minutely closer to the block, which changed all the valve clearances

snoopy221, Sep 24, 10:23am
On a 2 E Toyota Overhead camshaft rocker equipped adjustable tappet engine!

snoopy221, Sep 24, 10:23am
All of it.

jmma, Sep 24, 10:27am
Egggssactly (o:

jmma, Sep 24, 10:27am
No it didn't (o:

jmma, Sep 24, 10:29am
Part time Toyota mechanic, must have done your part time in the 60's (o:

gadgit3, Sep 24, 7:39pm
Yes they are TTY bolts but why replace them! There is a lenght spec for them and Toyota do not recomend replacement unless they are out of spec. they are a type of spring steel an will handle 3-4 maybe more repeat uses. do you replace your springs every time you put a load in the boot!

floscey, Sep 24, 7:58pm
does your spring have a Elastic phase - plastic phase - yeild pointand shear point !TTY head bolts do .