Xr falcon Xy falcon are the roofs the same

Page 1 / 2
gunhand, Sep 20, 7:43am
Does anyone know for sure if XY and XR falcon roofs are the same. Done some measuring and know there are some differences between the models in the c piller area etc but is the roof the same. Another words can you transplant one section to the other.
Oh only measured one car so far, have to do other tomorrow.

rob_man, Sep 20, 7:52am
I would have thought they were the same apart from the pillars around the rear screen.
You'll know when you measure the other one won'cha.

gunhand, Sep 20, 7:54am
True, but some one may know lol.

fordcrzy, Sep 20, 8:34am
xr-xy use the same gutter trim. not sure about the panel though.

edangus, Sep 20, 8:46am
I say. No.XW - XY yep. But thats only from visualising.

xpfairmont, Sep 21, 1:26am
yes, same part number anyway. ARC6DB 50202 A

xpfairmont, Sep 21, 1:33am
taking out a sunroof!

gunhand, Sep 21, 3:47am
Yep sure are.They have a part number! Well yea spose once upon a time you would have been able to get new sections etc. Hate to think what a new one now would cost.

bellky, Sep 21, 3:51am
Made the right decision there.

rob_man, Sep 21, 4:04am
I just remembered there's possibly a factory join where the turret meets the pillar, the turret will be the same but the XY has different pillar panels.

gunhand, Sep 21, 4:08am
Didnt get around to measuring the XR roof today, next week.

xpfairmont, Sep 21, 5:50am
there's properly a shed somewhere in the Australian out back filled to the rafters with just that part. ;)

I've got the factory book. It shows a good exploded diagram (XR) of the sheet metal parts.

could scan it for you!

gunhand, Sep 21, 5:58am
xpfairmont wrote:
there's properly a shed somewhere in the Australian out back filled to the rafters with just that part. ;)

I've got the factory book. It shows a good exploded diagram (XR) of the sheet metal parts.

could scan it for you![/quote

Ok sounds interesting, then do u post in on here! Be interesting to she where joins are etc.

gunhand, Sep 21, 6:29am
Excellent, thanks for that.

luxy, Sep 21, 6:42am
yes,, the same

lookoutas, Sep 21, 10:35pm
Go for a surf through Coons for sale and you will see the XW/Y C pillars extend back in a fin, so the the window seems recessed. As has already been mentioned. That's the difference from the #50866 panel.
In that case - the roof is different if planning a complete roof chop. But the turret top could well be the same - if you can find one.

Anyone got a turret for a CL Valiant P/Van! And it's a real dinkum Drifter.
It's had a hole for something, and now has a popped/tacked/glued.& bogged over patch stuck in buy Noddy and Bigears.

gunhand, Sep 21, 11:38pm
Yep been offered a good XY roof, pillers and all. Just trying to figure if the top skinof an XR would be the same, not doing pillers. Have to measure it next week so all will be revealed then.

ozz1, Sep 22, 3:10am
same front screen.different rear screen.sosorry . unsure.

lookoutas, Sep 22, 4:46am
You're going to unpick a skin from the drip-rails!
"Big job - you might need some mates around"

Just had a talk with an old workmate - we both ate & drank those cars when they were new. If the skin numbers match as XP sez, then we both agree that they can be the same.
I read where the windows were the same. The W/Y ones were tilted forward at the bottom. Whatever - that's irrelevant, so long as the top/trailing edge of the turret is the same.

I love the XR bum.

saki, Sep 22, 5:35am
Time for an english wheel.

gunhand, Sep 22, 5:41am
Hmmmm, blame the sunroof craze of the 80s lol

gunhand, Sep 22, 5:42am
We will know when we peel the paint off just how we are going to do it. will take soe pics of it all happening, not sure when as its not a priorety job.

saki, Sep 22, 5:50am
Hated those sun roofs last thing I need is sun on the head.

lookoutas, Sep 22, 8:21am
And someone to use it :-)

rob_man, Sep 22, 8:27am
Not so easy to unpick a continuous weld.