Merc', 4th V8 supercars manufacturer.

Page 1 / 3
attitudedesignz, Sep 18, 9:30pm
There will be a press conference at 1pm (OZ time) to announce that Mercedes-Benz will be the 4th manufacturer in next years V8 supercar field.

Rumour has it that Stone brothers have joined up with (read sold to!) Erubus Racing who has (kinda) brokered the deal with Merc & AMG (engines)

I see a few big "shake ups" in the next few weeks. will be exciting to see what happens.

kwkbrk, Sep 18, 9:36pm
The Erebus racing SLS AMG is a thing of beauty !
Though I`ve also heard the C63 AMG as being the car of choice.
Either way can`t wait !
Come on the Silver Star !

mopsy3, Sep 19, 1:08am
Pays not to listen to rumours.

attitudedesignz, Sep 19, 1:36am
Time will tell.

pge, Sep 19, 2:00am
I would rather have a Gold Star, and have come first.

elect70, Sep 19, 2:05am
Way to go,rather than start a teameasier tobuy an existing team & putbrand of carsin .shouldnt take long toadjust torunning qualityeuropeangearinstead of aussie taxis

rsr72, Sep 19, 3:01am
A Ford/Holden chassis, stick-on shortened plastic panels, OZ gearbox, a Merc engine,
and a badge.

attitudedesignz, Sep 19, 3:07am
What was it you were saying!

"Mr Maddison confirmed Erebus Motorsport has commenced negotiations to purchase the SBR business and its pair of V8SC 'licences'. The new concern will also seek to continue to operate the third V8Supercar 'licence' that SBR currently leases."

jmma, Sep 19, 3:08am

splinter67, Sep 19, 3:13am
Now all they have to do is put Luke Youlden as there lead driver and use vanslowburger as the second driverthey might have a show at winning

3tomany, Sep 19, 4:18am
congradulations sbr: the time is right to move on and thanks for all the wins you have given us ford fans. obviously without public money to fall back on ford cant back everyone so go sbr good luck

fordcrzy, Sep 19, 4:38am
there are only two teams that can pull off running a new car at the pointy end of the field and they are SBR and 888 racing. Ive been a long time SBR supporter and think its great that they are going for it with AMG.

hawat, Sep 20, 1:55am
The c63 that is running in the European Touring Car comp can apparently slot right into the v8 supercar comp. However the other local teams are wanting the engine mapping programmes to be scaled back otherwise they would wipe the floor with the HoldFalcs. Interesting. we'll see.

splinter67, Sep 20, 2:20am
HRTs new cotf is being tested today looks real nice in the new colours go the mighty holdens

gemmigem, Sep 20, 2:43am

daniel993, Sep 20, 3:47am
can't wait to see them race about time we had some different manufacturers enter the V8SC

kwkbrk, Sep 20, 3:48am
Thats wild ! Lets hope it goes as good as it sounds !
PS . thats an E63 . but coincidentally is actually the model they are going to use ! The C63 is the 2 door version.
I think .

quickstitch, Sep 20, 4:24am
it sounds awful. like a big bore on a 253 holden

attitudedesignz, Sep 20, 6:09am
Agree 100%. I've never liked the sound of Merc' V8s.

Does anyone know if they (Merc') have an odd firing order like 308-253 do, pretty sure that's where they get "that" sound from.

splinter67, Sep 20, 6:11am
Go to the supercars website and listen to the new hrt cotf now that sounds awesome

3tomany, Sep 20, 6:27am
they havnt changed the engine so is it a different exhaust, in that video it does sound good infact under throttle in the distance it sounded like my falcon

splinter67, Sep 20, 6:45am
you wish lol

3tomany, Sep 20, 6:57am
na listened again mine sounds better

splinter67, Sep 20, 7:02am
Haha next you will be telling me ford are in with a chance at bathurst now thats a great tui add lol

hawat, Sep 20, 7:58am
.um the C class is the 4 door version. Comes in every engine size from 1600cc up to 6300 plus "Kompressor" models in there somewhere too. 2 door is clk. I think!
C class merc = 3 series bimmer = a3 owdy = Corolla
E class merc is the next size up.
e class merc = 5 series bimmer = a6 owdy =camry