Merc', 4th V8 supercars manufacturer.

Page 2 / 3
gammelvind, Sep 20, 8:07am
Great to see some new players in the competion, I lost interest when the series changed to the Ford/Holden race. It used to be exciting watching a variety of cars battling it out on Mt Panarama, then while boring isn't the right word, drab is probably a better description, I may take interest next season.

quickstitch, Sep 20, 11:56am
put a balance tube on your falcon, if it sounds like that then you need a new exhaust.

quickstitch, Sep 20, 11:58am
hell yeah, Winterbottom or Davison. It may be Fords last chance for a while since Stone Bro. are switching camp

splinter67, Sep 20, 7:29pm
yep I agree but he was talking about the holden not the swedish taxi

splinter67, Sep 20, 7:37pm
No show but its the last year to do it with coft next year this will be the last year of the real holden versus ford racing. Next year they may as well call them formula supercars the same chassis with different body panels wait for the control engines to come in

socram, Sep 20, 7:38pm
And so say many of us.Regardless of what the Merc sounds like, we want variety in sounds as well as looks.
There was a time in F1 when you could identify each engine by the sound it made.V12 Ferrari and Eagle (arguably one of the most beautiful race cars ever made), V8 Cosworth, V8, V12 and H16 BRM, V8 Repco, screaming Honda V12 etc.Nowadays, all sound like playstation creations.

kwkbrk, Sep 20, 8:16pm
Yes, indeed. Was confused, my 2 door is designated a C126 . though thinking about it I know a guy with a C63 AMG, and it does indeed have 4 doors .

floscey, Sep 20, 8:51pm
BRM was the best sounding car hands down.

3tomany, Sep 20, 9:01pm
its on the agenda to shut it up, long trips are a bit painfull but the noise is cool.exhaust is in good nick so not in a hurry, if i had the time i would dynamat it

splinter67, Sep 20, 9:26pm
Easy fix for ya buy a holden you will get a great sounding exhaust more power than your ford and you will not feel bad when holden win at bathurst

floscey, Sep 20, 9:45pm
you will also feel like changing sex as well.

splinter67, Sep 20, 9:51pm
Yup I forgot that you will feel more manly thanks floscey just when I thought you liked fords LOL

3tomany, Sep 20, 10:55pm
no im not a bludger that expects the goverment to subsidise my ride so will stick with ford and drive with dignity

jmma, Sep 20, 11:03pm
No dignity in coming second (o:

3tomany, Sep 20, 11:18pm
first of those that pay there own way

hawat, Sep 20, 11:35pm
Just read in the Herald, you are spot on, SBR will be running 3 E class. Sorry 'bout that chief. Also feel a little silly as you are actually driving a c- class. Ah well never mind, looking forward to Bathurst next year and hearing that strange off beat v8 merc sound going up Mountain Straight.

hawat, Sep 20, 11:40pm
Would have been interesting if bimmer decided to run as well but I'm not a fan of the turbo v8 m5. But would have been hugely interested to see and hear thev 10 m5 go up Mountain Straight

splinter67, Sep 20, 11:42pm
spoken like a true blue ford supportor who follows a team thats loosing

hawat, Sep 21, 12:04am
ummm I think you mean to say that he is following a team that is not winning but what you actually say is he is following a team that is becoming less tight! . I'm just saying.

3tomany, Sep 21, 12:31am
if i was following a team of losers i would be an HRT supporter

floscey, Sep 21, 12:39am
Aint that the truth , they hardly have any fans left .They all turned into 888 fans overnight .

floscey, Sep 21, 12:43am
Team brock AutoArtwant their paint job back!

3tomany, Sep 21, 1:13am
888 could have some competition next year and not neccesarily from ford remember those alloy v8s in the nissan and merc will have parity but will also be lighter so we might all have to take a concrete pill next year lol

splinter67, Sep 21, 1:22am
that might be correct but it wont be from the fords will it Mind you you fellas better get your act together or you will come fourth in da championship

splinter67, Sep 21, 1:26am
And how many ford fans are left they have all seen the light except you two