Merc', 4th V8 supercars manufacturer.

Page 3 / 3
stockyz, Sep 21, 1:29am
me blue oval all the way

xpfairmont, Sep 21, 1:31am
Haha. you guy's are funny.
All engine will be mapped to keep the competition tight. It's going to be a much of a muchness

splinter67, Sep 21, 1:35am
yup and they will all be the same weight actually its going to be a bit boring

floscey, Sep 21, 1:37am
be interesting to see how the fuel economy works out . Dohc v8 surely would have it better .!

3tomany, Sep 21, 1:47am
yes but that weight can be put where they want for better car ballance =big advantage and that fuel economy could be another

splinter67, Sep 21, 1:52am
Just so you understand the cotf go have a look at the supercar website and click on the link to the hrt car that might explain whats happening more like formular 1 than what you buy from the shop

kwkbrk, Sep 21, 2:47am
Ha ha . don`t feel silly coz you are still right ! Mines old for a starter and the C126 is actually a chassis designation . the model is 500SEC.
The C class cars are definitely 4 door sedans. and to be honest I`ve got no idea what the difference between C and E classes is anyway !

hawat, Sep 21, 8:21am
Size mate.
c class - small
e class - middle
s class - large

Your SEC is called CL now and it is the 2 door version of the S class. One of the Board members at work has got one. $300k +

gammelvind, Sep 21, 8:24am
Don't forget

B class - smaller
A class - ity bity

hawat, Sep 21, 8:55am
Yep but was just naming the standard 4 doors.
also CLS, R class, ML, SL, GL etc etc etc
Just asked the Board Member how much his cost, he got all shitty! Geeze Louise!

3tomany, Sep 21, 8:41pm
i wasnt born yesterday lol. yes it is f1 style the only thing that tells them apart really is the engine and i hope that will make the racing better but i am not sure

splinter67, Sep 21, 8:50pm
With the engine mapping that is going to be done it will be the best team that wins most of the passing will be done in the pits

bill-robinson, Sep 21, 9:19pm
WOW more pit lane racing. How thrilling is that!

splinter67, Sep 21, 9:22pm
Yup not often I agree with you Billbut this is one of those times next they will be getting a boost button like A1GP had

gammelvind, Sep 21, 9:26pm
Or KERS like F1.

bill-robinson, Sep 22, 2:31am
just had a read of the new regs. Nice to see a transaxle and independant rear suspension. I wonder what type of diff they will allow!

3tomany, Sep 22, 2:33am
the diff is inside the transaxle as i understand

bill-robinson, Sep 22, 7:08am
yes I know that. I want to know if they can use LSD or not. if yes what type. if it is a spool expect a lot of gearbox failures.

newtec1, Sep 22, 8:46am
Different manufacturers.! The only thing different will be the engine and the body panels.Even the engine wil be downsized from 7 ltrs to 5 and only allowed to run the same power as the Holdens and fords.Who's fooling who.The COTF is a copy of our S/T except they can run their own engines.