Are Maxima A33 radiator fan bearings replaceable?

daryl14, Sep 20, 7:57am
Or is it whole new fan time!

2003 3.0 Si (VQ30DE)

xs1100, Sep 20, 9:31am
do you mean viscous fan

therafter1, Sep 20, 9:32am
Whole new second hand fan time is the best, easiest and cheapest option.

realtrader1, Sep 20, 9:58am
What is it doing!Squawking or rumbling!

daryl14, Sep 20, 10:44am
Rumbles. most noticable when ya first turn car off. Fair bit of play in the fan if you wobble it. Had a look through maxima forums. most say new fan needed.

daryl14, Oct 18, 9:51pm
Hey Guys, I'm really stumped now,
Got a pair of second hand fans from a wrecker. Fit one and it won't run. But Put 12 volts across the terminals and it goes.

Plug in old worn motor and that still goes. same coloured wires. four on the plug. Could the motor be wired differently internally!

ceebee2, Oct 19, 12:19am
Must be, I may be wrong but the most common wiring method on late model fans is by having the fan with power all the time (Hot) and the relay earths out one side. I know some of the older ones use the fan switch to earth out through thus they carry all the current so it is possible they may be wired differently. Check each wire colour resistance reading and see how they compare with the old one (Disconnected) Should be roughly the same. Two wires go to the relay switch,the other two for power. Just a thought.do the wires on the new motor coincide with the old ones to make it work!

daryl14, Oct 19, 12:41am
All sorted now thanks mate. Turns out only one fan runs for the A.C. When engine hot, Ya get two fans. Pulled old motor apart for a look and the brushes and rotor were very worn, as well as the bearings of course.